The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

finally done

Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually stay out of your posts,.. well because you know I dont like you. But all animosity aside, I would try a copper or mesh gasket (The reusable ones). I've had the same thing happen to me with gaskets like yours. I started used the Felpro and Federal Mogul (I have one out in my shed but I'm too lazy to go out and look at the part# for you) metal gaskets exclusively about 8 - 9 years ago and have never had that problem since.

I've never been good at setting up a suspension,.. so cant help you there. I usually buy and install the parts myself and then take it to someone to have them set it up for me.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM

the 2nd pic of the header gasket is the remflex header gaskets and i think the only reason it blew is because the bolts backed out.as for the first gasket thats MR gasket and its junk.bolts never backed out the gasket just sucks.i got on the way the remflex header gaskets but they are oval.i was told to match the header gasket to the header not the head.so ill try remflex 1 more time.

357w s475 turbo Hughes powerglide
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Bondsman

No gasket at all is the best...through all of them away and buy Copper Seal RTV!!! Pinion snubbers are a suspension band aid. As long as you have good (aftermarket) control arms, bushings and springs dont even bother replacing it.

Last edited by GNs-r-slow; 05-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
No gasket at all is the best...through all of them away and buy Copper Seal RTV!!! Pinion snubbers are a suspension band aid. As long as you have good (aftermarket) control arms, bushings and springs dont even bother replacing it.
yea i was thinking of doing the RTV but it seems like it will be a big mess.as for the pinion snubber yea i have good control arms springs and bushings.im just curious as to why the damn car would not hook at all.it would jump bog then blow the tires off it

Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I gota Cheby

what shocks and struts do you have

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zman
what shocks and struts do you have
90/10 50/50 coilovers

Old 05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Bondsman

Probably hitting the pinion snubber hard and unloading the tires. Look around, 99% of people run a sealer vs a gasket.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Probably hitting the pinion snubber hard and unloading the tires. Look around, 99% of people run a sealer vs a gasket.
so i would use the RTV copper sealer just put it on the header and let sit for a few then put it on the car? or do you put the sealer on and try putting the headers on right away.?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM

yea i was thinking the same about it unloading.also the car needs to be tuned it runs really rich under 3000RPM plus the tune we have in the pms is set for WOT so im guessing down low its not making power for shit.i have been looking for a while for someone that knows the anderson pms and cant find anyone

also i have been on other forums and people say the bg goodrich drag radials dont hook well.they also said that they dont recover well on a stick car.might just throw some slicks on it

Old 05-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Bondsman

Anybody can make slicks work...LOL Have you talked to Rob Wells at Ford Speed? Cant imagine he wouldnt know the pms

Quick Reply: finally done