The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

My buildup progress.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Project Fobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My buildup progress.

It's been a long process for me, but I feel like I am finally making some headway on my project and thought I'd share. I welded up some of the holes in the engine bay and painted it. I've never painted prior so it's definately not perfect but I dont think it turned out too bad considering.

The area that is cut out on the passenger side was chopped up by a local shop so I decided to cut the area out and later I will add in panels once I have the turbo sitting back in there so I can make a template and will paint it to match.

Old K-member removed here

With the new UPR Chrome-moly K-member -crappy pics I know, it's a cheap camera! I couldn't bolt the A-arms in yet because UPR didn't send the "hardware kit" so I called them up, they sent it out yesterday and I just got it today. I'm going to get busy here in a few and slap them on.

Coilover kit just hanging there until I decide which brakes to go with, I'm thinking Areospace, but this guy I know keeps saying Strange!

UPRs 4 bolt CC plates.

Heres my Bennett shortblock and I took some pics of the heads but the camera sucked and I'm sure my photography skills had something to do with it to lol, and they turned out blurry so I didn't post them. They are Street heat Hi ports with a little work done to 'em.

I'm going to retain the A/C and power brakes for now but will be converting to a manual rack before I start setting the motor in.

Btw, I bought some Cobra bumper covers a while back and have painted the front bumper cover but still have to do the rear. I didn't intend to make a fobra, but I loved the look of the Cobra front cover and bought a front and rear so I've decided to go ahead and complete the look with some snake badges as well. Oh well to the Fobra haters out there. All I have to say, is that if it can't keep up with a stock cobra then I have bigger issues to worry about!

I still have a long way to go and I've talked with Trans. Physicians about building the AODE for me when the time comes. He seems pretty confident that he can build me one that will work!

Hope you like it so far!

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

nice bro....keep it up
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Damn man that is a beautiful job, keep us posted!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Project Fobra

Originally Posted by Uncle Pat
nice bro....keep it up
Thanks alot bro!

Originally Posted by Black_notch
Damn man that is a beautiful job, keep us posted!
There are some spots that look like a professional but for the most part, I can pick it to pieces lol. I do appreciate the compliment man!

Like I said, the next project will be the brakes so I'll definately post more up then!

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 05-01-2007, 02:50 PM
thinks TR sucks ass now

looks cool. i really have to get off my ass and start on the coupe!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM

aero space street kit!!!!!!! hi ports...all i use...nice engine bay...i have a 2000 fobra also...going twin turbo...great job...keep it going!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
doowutchyalike

Hellz yeah man, AWSOME job doood, keep it up....

(C)lassic (A)merican (P)erformance (R)acing (I)nspired
Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Has dyslexia and A.D.D

Holw did the K-member bolt up for you?I read on a couple other boards that sometimes they can be a pain in the ass.I really like the whole thing is coming along I think im gonna put a tubular K-member in while the motor is out.

Originally Posted by osama tim laden
you sound upset.
not enough time starring into the mirror telling yourself how awesome you are today?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by Crazy Eyez
Holw did the K-member bolt up for you?I read on a couple other boards that sometimes they can be a pain in the ass.I really like the whole thing is coming along I think im gonna put a tubular K-member in while the motor is out.

k members are only 4 fucking bolts.......they go right in.....like Flynn
Old 05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
realer than most

LOL i remember taking that picture in your sig crazy eyes

and it seems like its comming along nicely... how much did the k-member run ya?