My new 91 crx si

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
mowchowbrowncow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 91 crx si

Okay so Just sold my e30 and was trying to find a Miata to pick up cause didn't wanna go back to FWD but due to driving All over the place and being told false info on cars and their condition. SO said the hell with it and started my search for a crx. Iv always had a passion for crx's,my first car was one and i think this is my 4th or 5th one.

Bought the car from a guy down in Palmetto who has owned the car for about 10 years and it was sitting for a decent little time. With the purchase i got a big folder of receipts from over the years for everything that he's done to the car. I usually hate Buying already swapped cars especially EF's cause they are usually all hack jobs but this car seemed solid for the most part.

Wrong with the car at time of purchase :
Dead battery
Bad Alternator
few minor oil leaks
3rd gear grind
Terrible Vacuum leak
Body work and Paint

that's it to my knowledge so far only have owned the car for about a week so im sure ill find some more little things.

Things fixed first day :
Replaced battery
Replaced Alternator
Oil pan Gasket
Dizzy Gasket
Vacuum leak

Plans :
Re-tune
Rebuild tranny
Paint and body work
suspension
wheels

Whats done to the car :
JDM LSD B16a swap With some goodies

numbers i know could deff be better Car was tuned in 04 So im sure tuners have came some way since then. Gonna be re dyno tuned in a few weeks. From the mods my motor has and checking out other peoples numbers Should yield about 165-170whp we'll see though.

Last edited by Ls_[eg]hatch; 01-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Do it big.1 life to live.

damn dude, that's a great start, gettin hard to find cherry crx's like that now, especially an si. subscribed, stoked to see where this goes. Hang on to it man haha

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
mowchowbrowncow

Originally Posted by RhinoFLA
damn dude, that's a great start, gettin hard to find cherry crx's like that now, especially an si. subscribed, stoked to see where this goes. Hang on to it man haha

yeah i can't believe how hard they are to find now, it sucks...and fenders and hoods and shit are like a needle in a hay stack.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM

Yea i remember seeing this on cl

私の狂気にそこに方法があります
https://www.facebook.com/groups/534257953308376/
Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
crx hatch sedan

Lower it.................right f@#%!?g now
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Do it big.1 life to live.

Originally Posted by Ls_[eg]hatch
yeah i can't believe how hard they are to find now, it sucks...and fenders and hoods and shit are like a needle in a hay stack.
hell yeah dude, when I had my first rex it took me 6 months to find a good usable set of fenders.. spending 300 on password jdm fenders is almost worth it. my last si came 98% complete, cargo covers and all. and the climate control was almost not broken lol

you just plan on dailying it? this would make for a sick autocross car with some suspension work and tuning

Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
mowchowbrowncow

Originally Posted by RhinoFLA
hell yeah dude, when I had my first rex it took me 6 months to find a good usable set of fenders.. spending 300 on password jdm fenders is almost worth it. my last si came 98% complete, cargo covers and all. and the climate control was almost not broken lol

you just plan on dailying it? this would make for a sick autocross car with some suspension work and tuning
Yeah this thing is 98% interior, Driver seat has small rip & Climate control is cracked but still works. Everything else is all there Cargo cover,speaker covers, Even has the Optional crx Arm rest.
Yeah Daily/autocross, yeah been paying off some fines and stuff First will be a re-tune HOPEFULLY next Saturday. Jap said my motor should make like 175-185whp with the mods my car has. He about died when he seen the current graph.

Originally Posted by flatrex
Lower it.................right f@#%!?g now
LOL, $$$$$ man. Bought the car at the beginning of the month right when i had to pay rent and shit So money is tight. Tune,suspension,wheels. in that order.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
mowchowbrowncow

Oh and a New Tranny because Finding Parts y1 gears and such is a pain in the ass.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
crx hatch sedan

Originally Posted by Ls_[eg]hatch
Oh and a New Tranny because Finding Parts y1 gears and such is a pain in the ass.
89-91 Brass Rebuild Kit (Y1 S1) - Synchrotech Transmissions Inc

Keep your lsd trans
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 AM
mowchowbrowncow

Originally Posted by flatrex

Pretty sure The gear sleeve its self is fucked by this point if its grinding at any rpm.
Honestly wanna go hydro, Got a guy right now that wants to trade my tranny for his 6 month old F&F type1's And was gonna use my tax return to maybe grab a LSD itr tranny.

This dudes car is murking shit! bolt on b16 w/itr tranny and slicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eubBRR_pOoM