Paulino's All motor 81.50 mm Ls/Vtec si eg hatch build thread!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 AM
formerly D00MSB08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread needs numbers asap. big boy bore or not!

Power Of DREAMS.
Originally Posted by K20A2
Nothing wrong with a B series
Old 12-13-2011, 05:19 AM

Realistically its hard to say the motor "should" make this XXX, but every motor is different even when using the same parts. You can scour pages and pages of N/A builds on Honda Tech and find an almost identical build. Even dynos are calibrated differently. Some are generous and others are heart breakers. First and foremost should be reliability. Also, your tuner can tune for bragging right one-time numbers which is done frequently. The choice is yours, but a running car is always better than a car on jack stands. Don't get caught up in the dick swinging HP game. Torque=fun. The faster you make torque the more fun your car will be. Lag is a dull boy.

Last edited by lzylst; 12-13-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM

Also, the trendy little velocity horn is great for scouping up dirt. You better filter the air.

Last edited by lzylst; 12-13-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:37 AM
90% grind 10% sleep

Originally Posted by lzylst
Also, the trendy little velocity horn is great for scouting up dirt. You better filter the air.

Dirt adds power...LOL..
I TUNE KPRO AND S300
I DO NOT WORK FOR FREE
E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby ending any possible future use.

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
Then stop wasting peoples time, run your car and not your mouth... thats why you will always race slow cars, fast cars race for money....
Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 AM
I Do-Work do you?

Originally Posted by 97EJ-6
Its definatly gonna ride
Sure is

Originally Posted by Paulino
Yeah with the new updates I should be damn near 220-230
I dont see why not 220-230hp is coming soon
Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

Originally Posted by lzylst
Realistically its hard to say the motor "should" make this XXX, but every motor is different even when using the same parts. You can scour pages and pages of N/A builds on Honda Tech and find an almost identical build. Even dynos are calibrated differently. Some are generous and others are heart breakers. First and foremost should be reliability. Also, your tuner can tune for bragging right one-time numbers which is done frequently. The choice is yours, but a running car is always better than a car on jack stands. Don't get caught up in the dick swinging HP game. Torque=fun. The faster you make torque the more fun your car will be. Lag is a dull boy.
I see what you are saying Vance for sure. If it was peak WHP numbers I was going for, I would have built a boosted setup. But like you said, I am building this motor for reliability as the main focus, then a nice useable power band with plenty of torque. Definitely not going for an all out top end drag racing 10K screamer. I will be using a filter with the velocity stack for sure, been coming for too much of a long time to get skimp out on something so minimal now. I think that within itself is what has taken me so long with this. No credit usage/credit cards or illegal funds made this, just good ol' college budgeting. So I'm not ordering "baller" parts left and right ......

MINIMAL UPDATE:
- Got the 3" intake routed to the passenger side fog light opening with the V stack.
- 90% thread 225/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials
- Traded my Skunk2 Pro 1 camshafts (never installed! ) for Pro 2's
- 2.5" Skunk2 exhaust
- Selling the Blox intake manifold gasket I have and going with an Outlaw Engineering ThermoBlok spacer kit. (Includes intake manifold spacer, throttle body spacer, IAC spacer, gaskets, installation kit w/ bypass fitting)
- Working on venting the Valve cover after the shaving the usual "dohc vtec" oem lettering to "oh vtec". Running two -10 AN fittings to from the back of the VC to a catch can. Using all black fittings and stainless steel black lines.

Will try and update with some pics later on today guys. God bless.

Last edited by Paulino; 12-13-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I Do-Work do you?

Building a lot of Tq sooner early in the rpms and holding the power band to redline makes a nasty street car, trying to achieve both low end power and up top should be your goal not just one..What was your header/ intake manifold choice?
Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

Originally Posted by Mr do work
Building a lot of Tq sooner early in the rpms and holding the power band to redline makes a nasty street car, trying to achieve both low end power and up top should be your goal not just one..What was your header/ intake manifold choice?
Well I can say I did good in choosing the pro 2's because I read they make power from 2.5k to redline which will be set at 9k. I am going with the skunk2 alpha header ceramic coated and a port matched aebs IM for now. I really wanted a ported shortened runner PX but that will come down the road once she is on the road if anything. Long live the b series.

Last edited by Paulino; 12-13-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I Do-Work do you?

Originally Posted by Paulino
Well I can say I did good in choosing the pro 2's because I read they make power from 2.5k to redline which will be set at 9k. I am going with the skunk2 alpha header ceramic coated and a port matched aebs IM for now. I really wanted a ported shortened runner PX but that will come down the road once she is on the road if anything. Long live the b series.
everything sounds straight forward to where you want to be at, but not a fan on those Skunk2 headers and the aebs IM that's the ITR rep right? Did you also decided on tb size?

Last edited by Mr do work; 12-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Not harsh, just truthful

Originally Posted by Mr do work
everything sounds straight forward to where you want to be at, but not a fan on those Skunk2 headers and the aebs IM that's the ITR rep right? Did you also decided on tb size?
Well I wasn't an avid believer of the skunk2 alpha series header either until I saw this thread featured..

Budget Header Showdown - Replica Headers vs. Skunk2 Alpha 1.8L Dyno Test - Honda-Tech

Yes the aebs intake manifold is an itr style...the tb is 68 mm...you didn't read the first page did you??

Last edited by Paulino; 12-13-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Paulino's All motor 81.50 mm Ls/Vtec si eg hatch build thread!