FlatTire EF/ED7 Build

Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol! That SOHC was beast! I liked it over the DOHC because it gave the chassis better balance. With the DOHC it nose dives hard and has horrible body roll. I'm gonna have to source me some roll bars before too long if I plan on hittin some Auto-X meets when I get out there.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Not harsh, just truthful

I'm setting up an eg hatch for road race
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 AM

So I went and got the car Friday night...

Put her together some and drove it to work Saturday.

Got home, Continued to reassemble. Took a break, walked back out to find this...

That's not a cut or scratch. The paint actually cracked and started receding worse than a forty year old hair line!

Sunday...

I had to to take her back Monday. I am patiently waiting for updates and results. Get you some when I can. =(
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 AM

Woot woot! You'll have to let me know when you go! I wanna go to a real track SO bad!!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Well, got the car back. It's as good as to be expected... I haven't been able to take any pics yet and I prolly won't until after the move. Less than 48 hours, nervous as hell. I'll be on blackout for a minute till I get internet set up at the new crib so bare with me please! Till then, keep motoring. You see a Penske truck with a bright red EF on a trailer, honk and wave and hopefully when I get settled in I'll get out and make it to some meets. Till then!!

Last edited by FlatTireRacer; 08-27-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Florida is beautiful! Why I didn't break down and make this move 13 years ago I still haven't figured out! Lol! Still gotta get used to the humidity, but other than that I am loving it here. Puttin LOTS of hours in at my new job so unfortunately I haven't really been able to touch my hatch much. Well, except to find out that the painter killed my battery by draining it several times. Think it has a bad cell now... pisses me off. Gonna need to really start crackin on it though if I plan to make a decent showing at the 11th Annual CRX Met in Old Town Kissimmee. Already talked to the boss and we're gonna try and schedule to allow me to go. We'll see... (fingers crossed)
Old 10-16-2011, 01:46 PM

If my luck doesn't change soon... So Friday, got up, replaced the battery the night before, and went to start her up and drive to meet my boss... She'll turn but won't start. I'm not hearing the fuel pump cycle... I'm thinkin the main relay finally took a dump. :-/ FML...! These are the moments I wish I knew someone close with some spare EF parts, so I could get another workin relay and plug it in to see if it fixes the problem before i cough up the cash for a new relay. Oh well I guess... The Bitch better get all this shit out of her system before November!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Anyways bought a new relay and the damn thing is still not starting. I don't fekkin get it. Change the battery and the fuel circuit takes a dump! Seriously? Does it get any better? If I can't get this thing runnin before the weekend's out, it'll go up on Craigs. Tired of dickin with this thing anymore. $3000 cash or trade for a EF, EG, or EK 4door or hatch of similar shape. I haven't got the patience time or money for havin to work on this thing all the damn time. I know I've put a shit-ton of work into this thing and that motor is nothin to shake a stick at but ever since I got it back from the painter something has bee tainted for me with that car. She'll be really nice for whoever can put the time into her but I haven't got the resources anymore... As it stands, this thread is grinding to a halt. Sorry guys. Not gettin outta the Honda game, just this car.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Get it while you can! Custom/restored 1990 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Surprise! Got me a P28 from a dude on a site I was workin on. It got her runnin which is all I can ask for right now. Have a job goin on that's kinda local so I've been drivin her to and from. Had a guy actually come out to look at the car today for a supposed trade. That poor lil thing (his car) was a lil rough... to say the least. Last night I did get off my ass and do some work. I painted the top of the bumper and reinstalled the front lip and fixed the broken clip in my headlight. The painter broke the plastic adjusting nut that holds the headlight still. Anyways, HER SHE IS!!!

I plan on getting the door trim painted and reattaching it and the rear bumper will get the same treatment as the front.

Quick Reply: FlatTire EF/ED7 Build