94 EG Hatch H22A1 Project/Build

Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for an h22
Old 09-17-2009, 11:48 AM

Default Shifter

I still have not found a motor hoist so i am looking for one still but I am keeping myself busy I hope I put the shifter back in right...take a look and let me know...and I put the car in the driveway yaayy!!!

96 eclipse gst drop top sold
98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM

Talking Cleaning up the ECM harness

Today I am cleaning up the motor harness before I do the wire tuck and drop the motor in. As you can see it is pretty ugly. Neal (cxcivic) came over a while back and got the car wired for me and I just never made it pretty. So now that I am almost droping the H22 in, I am removeing some of the tape and retapeing the whole harness (while looking for loose wires other than the ones neal said wont be needed) Just so you know I never touched this harness and I did not buy it from neal. I already had it and he just worked with what I had.

So after about an hour and 3 roll's of tape this is what it look's like. You cant tell to much but in real life its like day and nite.

98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin
Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 PM

Cool About to tuck the harness

I am about to tuck the harness, I got the motor out front now in my other garage and I am soo close to puting it in but I am just trying not to rush anything. I want to paint it first...We will have to see on that. But I will post after pic's of the tuck...And feel free to ask me about the motor/car.

98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin
Old 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Used Register

Bump for an H22 going into an EG. That is going to be a sick HB!

Did you leave the auto tensionor in place for the timing belt? I'm thinking more about removing the auto one for a manual one (F23 I think it is).

And Neal kicks ass, I'm taking my wiring harnesses to him when I'm ready to drop the H22 into my Sol. Probably going to take my tranny to him to get rebuilt as well...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Rogue
Bump for an H22 going into an EG. That is going to be a sick HB!

Did you leave the auto tensionor in place for the timing belt? I'm thinking more about removing the auto one for a manual one (F23 I think it is).

And Neal kicks ass, I'm taking my wiring harnesses to him when I'm ready to drop the H22 into my Sol. Probably going to take my tranny to him to get rebuilt as well...

The motor had a brand new auto tensionor on it when I got it or at least it looked like it. I am replaceing it with the manual one ( I think it is the F22 and F23) I am really happy with neals work. He came right out and had it running in no time. I was recomended to him by a guy down the street and Neal came out and wired his K24 CX and tuned his Kpro for a good price, And set the timeing for this one kid that did not know how. lol

the tranny I have was worked on by neal. The back mount whole's were striped out so I had him swap out the clutch houseing as well. He is a all around good guy to get REAL help from.

and the delsol was what I wanted todo the h22a1 in. But I found my hatch for alot less and pretty much all there. $400 for a 94 cx hatch is not a bad deal in my book. Thanks for posting in here and H22 FTW!!

98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin
Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 PM
HAS NO VTEC ! WTF !

any more updates / pics
Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM

Default hey hey

Not really just messing with the harness to see how I am running it behind the fire wall. I will post some pic's of the harness all tucked on the motor tomarrow. I'm just taking my time...my birthday is oct 23 and I am trying to have it painted as a loving gift from my folks...lol. I want SI pearl white, That color is just so sexy...But I will probley end up takeing it after the swap witch sucks cuase I want the motor bay the same color...But if I just leave it the way it is people would never think it has a H22 if it looks all faded and old. But I am keeping up with her and I will leave pic's soon. Thanks guys!!

98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin
Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Are YOU in the ACT?

Nice build. I'm excited to see more progress.

Bold Performance
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Default im geting in...

I gave up on a hoist and I am just having to buddys help meget it under the car then lower the car down then comealong the motor up to atleast one mount and then use jacks from underneath. Should work dont make fun of me I just want it in so I can move it out of the drive way.

GETING IN

98 civic EX sold
94 civic EX sold
94 cx H22A1 whippin