Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   How serious is driving an unregistered car? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/268866-how-serious-driving-unregistered-car.html)

Ender. 11-03-2005 11:30 AM

How serious is driving an unregistered car?

Well I know its serious because I have to go to court now...

Ive heard from a lot of people that they usually just throw it out even the cop said just to get it registered and go to court and it would show good faith, blah blah blah...

Is it something I should get a lawyer for or just show up with my registration and hope they are nice?

Opinions are appreciated.

Rich 11-03-2005 11:44 AM

Get it registered, bring your papers with you to court. Pay standard court fees and get lunch somewhere nice in downtown Tampa. If you attached a different tag to the car and got nailed for that, that's different.

R6Mitsu 11-03-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rich
Get it registered, bring your papers with you to court. Pay standard court fees and get lunch somewhere nice in downtown Tampa. If you attached a different tag to the car and got nailed for that, that's different.

+1

URBANRCR 11-03-2005 12:00 PM

^ hes completely right its not a big deal just go to court.

Ender. 11-03-2005 12:02 PM

Luckily he didnt give me a ticket for the tag, just driving an unregistered vehicle. The car was registered the next day after I got the ticket. All I have to bring is the registration and the receipt from getting it registered?

psycho 11-03-2005 12:03 PM

When i first bought my car, i drove it unregistered and without a tag. The cop gave me a couple of tickets and set a court date. While waiting for the court date, i got the car registered and everything. I went to court, and they dissmissed all the tickets and all i had to do was paying the court fees (about $250).

Presidential_Detail 11-03-2005 03:05 PM

I guess i got lucky when i drove 100 miles from Tampa to Ocala doing 90-100MPH with no tag or ne thing on my Honda. Then I drove it around Ocala a lil bit, cuz I had to show my buddies. haha! Kinda stupid I know, but Im lucky I didnt get caught. Good luck with the court situation!

hiwayhuntr 11-03-2005 03:09 PM

yeah its not that bad.u'll probley end up paying some where around 350 mabye less for court costs and the fine total.just went through this not even 2 months ago with a diffrent tag on a unregisterd car and all i paid was 400 for errything.just bring the regestration and keep ur buthole tight for good measure.....wheres it at?tampa or hills

Big Chris 11-03-2005 03:11 PM

You should be okay, you are really lucky that he did not nail you for the wrong tag.

GsEclipse02 11-03-2005 03:13 PM

ask jassoon he's had 2 tickets for this lol

senor honda 11-03-2005 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by psycho
When i first bought my car, i drove it unregistered and without a tag. The cop gave me a couple of tickets and set a court date. While waiting for the court date, i got the car registered and everything. I went to court, and they dissmissed all the tickets and all i had to do was paying the court fees (about $250).

Good gosh! How much does it cost to register the car?

..........and by the way, you get unlimited ticket defenses for your whole household at www.familyblessing.com for $16-26 per month, if you want to save some money........ -Bob

Presidential_Detail 11-03-2005 05:30 PM

I payed right at 400 to register my car, when i payed 3500 for the car. Thats with taxes and new tag and all.

...mikey 11-03-2005 05:37 PM

Wrong tag is NOT a big deal. It's a $50-75 fine typically. Also if you ever buy a car and don't plan on registering it for awhile, get a trip ticket from DMV. It lasts 7-30 days depending on how your county handles them. I believe it's $15-30.

Improper Vehicle

You may be cited for 17-205REG, Improper Vehicle Registration/Tag, if the tag on the vehicle you are driving is 'expired', is not properly registered to that vehicle, is improperly displayed, or if you cannot present the vehicle's official registration to an Officer on demand as required by law.

TO SIMPLY PAY WITHOUT APPEARING IN COURT = $133.50 + 3 POINTS
Will add 3 points to your driving record.

Big Chris 11-03-2005 06:13 PM

Wrong tag is a felony now, so it is a big deal.

Steez 11-03-2005 06:53 PM

Both of my 'stangs are unregistered, taking one to be registered tommorow to put it up for sale, just register your car and take the papers to the court and it'll be dismissed and you'll probably just have to pay court costs.