Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   Audio HQ (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/)
-   -   Kia sephia Window Crank (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/audio-hq/316023-kia-sephia-window-crank.html)

Notladstyle 06-15-2006 06:57 PM

Kia sephia Window Crank

Cant get the fucker off, its really pissing me off.

I've never done a manual crank that was this hard to get off, wheres the part at - checked autozone and discount they were both clueless as to what i was talkin about.

KartRex 06-15-2006 07:40 PM

You need the tool....they have them at Adance auto parts.... i used to work there not shure what it is called tho...

Notladstyle 06-15-2006 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by KartRex
You need the tool....they have them at Adance auto parts.... i used to work there not shure what it is called tho...

why cant they mak it easy like ford does... plastic cover.. one bolt and its off.

Damn japanese engineering.

KartRex 06-15-2006 10:26 PM

haha rice enginering

93ex 06-16-2006 03:54 AM

Isnt Kia korean?

I've had a lot of crank windows need the tool, or at least screwdrivers, to get teh retaining clip out.

TJElite 06-16-2006 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
Cant get the fucker off, its really pissing me off.

I've never done a manual crank that was this hard to get off, wheres the part at - checked autozone and discount they were both clueless as to what i was talkin about.

There is a wire clip that needs to come out. If you wedge something between the door panel and the handle, you should see it. Its kind of shaped like an ohm sign. Get a pick, or something, and pull it out. Once you get one off, and see how it works, you'll never have a problem again.

Toby

TJElite 06-16-2006 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by KartRex

That tool is not as easy to find as it used to be, and, imo, is not so great. its not all that easy to use, and can muck up the crank, the shaft, and / or the door panel.

Use a pick, needle nose, or take a flat screwdriver and bend the end 1/8" to 90 ish degress.

Toby

TBSpyder 06-16-2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by TJElite
There is a wire clip that needs to come out. If you wedge something between the door panel and the handle, you should see it. Its kind of shaped like an ohm sign. Get a pick, or something, and pull it out. Once you get one off, and see how it works, you'll never have a problem again.

Toby

It's the Jesus clip......alpha and the omega!

TBSpyder 06-16-2006 09:15 AM

That tool is not as easy to find as it used to be, and, imo, is not so great. its not all that easy to use, and can muck up the crank, the shaft, and / or the door panel.

Use a pick, needle nose, or take a flat screwdriver and bend the end 1/8" to 90 ish degress.

Toby

Yeah....and then PING! Flying clips. Be careful, those clips move faster than an illegal alien crossing the border. Cup your hand or something over the area the entire time.

TJElite 06-16-2006 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by TBSpyder
Yeah....and then PING! Flying clips. Be careful, those clips move faster than an illegal alien crossing the border. Cup your hand or something over the area the entire time.

That's where the name 'Jesus clips' really came from. Also often known as 'Damn Clips', F'in Clips, and 'WTF was that?!?!'

Toby

Notladstyle 06-16-2006 12:51 PM

Toby

Roger, will be trying to get it off tomorrow. I actually got someone willing to pay me to build a box that fits their trunk :p so happy.

TJElite 06-16-2006 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by NoTLaDStyle
Roger, will be trying to get it off tomorrow. I actually got someone willing to pay me to build a box that fits their trunk :p so happy.

"A" Box? Like only one? Can you do that?

Toby

Notladstyle 06-16-2006 05:46 PM

"A" Box? Like only one? Can you do that?

Toby

its gonna be hard, but i THINK I can get it right with just one...

mbanks21 06-17-2006 01:36 PM

Whats a window crank?

P057 06-17-2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by mbanks21
Whats a window crank?

those ancient devices people used to use to roll down windows... usually you rotate it in a clockwise/counterclockwise fashion in order to roll the window up or down. :lol:

I miss those buggers