Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   Turning my truck into a repo truck, know where to get a hitch? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/500390-turning-my-truck-into-repo-truck-know-where-get-hitch.html)

TURACE24 07-22-2008 12:30 PM

Turning my truck into a repo truck, know where to get a hitch?

Ive got a 1996 ford psd and im looking to turn it into a repo truck i just need a hitch setup.. anyone have it, or know where i can get one rather innexpensively.. thanks

R6Mitsu 07-22-2008 12:37 PM

Just a hitch? Or one of those fold out/hook up deals?

TURACE24 07-22-2008 12:38 PM

fold out hook up deals.. or the one that folds out of the bed..

R6Mitsu 07-22-2008 12:47 PM

Thats what I was talking about. Like the guy on that made up Repo show on Tru TV. Check on google I suppose.

TURACE24 07-22-2008 12:59 PM

ive been looking it's like its some secret society or something.. cant find shit.. found a nice looking setup for 2,400.... but that's 2,400 that's hard to come by.

My Honda Is Slow 07-22-2008 06:25 PM

theres a tow truck dealer on hillsborough and harney i think. ill google it in a min for you. but i worked for a couple different tow companies and they all bought their trucks from there. hook trucks,flat beds etc. im sure they can help you or point you in the right direction. their trucks came loaded too with chains,winches,snatch blocks,ratchet straps, etc (long list)

here it is

http://www.flwrecker.com/1.contact.htm

TURACE24 07-22-2008 07:57 PM

Thanks man! i appreciate it, step in right direction.

lexusondubs 07-23-2008 01:53 PM

dude are you joking ?? 2400 is alot ...what makes you think you can get a license to repo ?? did you go to the school ?? do you have a sponsor ?? its not just getting the sneaker lift in your truck then go out repoing it doesnt work like that ....................take it from somewone who has been in the business a while now

TURACE24 07-23-2008 07:46 PM

Yes i've done the research.. Currently working with an established repo company... Im looking to find out how much a sneaker lift would be for the truck, to make sure i wont be getting in over my head, before i get started, catch my drift.. Ive been looking into it for 3-4 months now. I know the laws, i know what i have to do. But if they are going to run me 3,4,5 grand i dont have... whats the point? So if you have been in the business for while... got a lift you want to sell?

lexusondubs 07-23-2008 10:40 PM

lol noo lift remember its also not only the truck but its the insurance most banks make you carry at least $1 million in coverage soo you work for a establish company who ?? and what type of license do you have ?? trust me many factors will come into play trying to start your own thats why i havent bought my own truck and started to work :lol:

neondriver 08-06-2008 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by TURACE24 (Post 5626180)
Yes i've done the research.. Currently working with an established repo company... Im looking to find out how much a sneaker lift would be for the truck, to make sure i wont be getting in over my head, before i get started, catch my drift.. Ive been looking into it for 3-4 months now. I know the laws, i know what i have to do. But if they are going to run me 3,4,5 grand i dont have... whats the point? So if you have been in the business for while... got a lift you want to sell?

:roll: 3-5K to make how much per year? big deal take out a small loan or sba loan to start up something. dam if it was onlt 5k to startup a business allot more people would be doing it.

BosnianLanos 08-06-2008 11:06 AM

...Tough business. Insurance would kill, and the licensing/legal fees could be a bundle.

You'd also need a secure lot and building where to conduct business from.

Go to your bank, secure the loan, go about obtaining the proper licenses, then buy the place and lot. THEN worry about getting trucks. Don't use your private truck...unless you want some gun-wielding crackhead to write down your plate number and pay you and your family a visit.

It's a dangerous job, man. Just start a tow truck company. You're less likely to get shot.

TURACE24 08-06-2008 12:30 PM

WHat i may be doing is trying to repo for someone else first with their equip... still trying to figure shit out.

Zman 08-06-2008 03:43 PM

my friend has been in the business for over 20 years and same location at that. You will need a license to do this legally. you can go to jail for it if caught. Your considered a thief without documentation. Not necessarly on the wrecker service but you. Wrecker service and repo is different on what you personally need to carry. We know somebody who went to jail doing just that.

TURACE24 08-06-2008 07:26 PM

yeah well im going to get sponsored however finding someone one willing to sponsor me has proven to be a challenge thus far... Who wants to sponsor somone for a year knowing that in the end the chances of them becoming your competition are pretty high..

To me the risk of the job is worth the end result.... $$$$