Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Quick Turbo question

Old 01-31-2009, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Turbo question

i bought a t3 turbo and iam missing the rear down pipe 4 bolt flange i was looking them up and i find the 4 bolt weld flange but i cant find the gasket, is this supposed to have a gasket or weld ??/
This is the flange i need to order i wanted to know if the circular gasket will work?
Flange:

Gasker:
Old 02-01-2009, 12:29 AM
B Tuned CRX

no way in hell pal
Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

First of all, I'm assuming you have an external wastegate to use. If not, that setup would be a bad idea.

If you do, then the gasket will theoretically work. I have this though, so my flange and gasket are slightly different:

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 AM

hey whats up bro, yeah i have an external wastegate the rear downpipe flange i need looks like the one in my picture, do you think if i order the round circular flange and round gasket itl work?

or do i order the weird shaped flange with round gasket
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 AM

So even if my downpipe flange is shaped like this can i use the other circle flange with a circle gasket?

Old 02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by cleanazcoupe
hey whats up bro, yeah i have an external wastegate the rear downpipe flange i need looks like the one in my picture, do you think if i order the round circular flange and round gasket itl work?

or do i order the weird shaped flange with round gasket

The weird shaped flange is for turbos that have internal wastegates, to block off the internal wastegate when you have an external instead. You should really get the right flange for the turbo and downpipe. They should match.

Can we get a pic of what your turbo looks like?

Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 PM
just mike.

make one!
Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 PM

its weired because the guy who i got this setup from had an external wastegate on it but the turbo has missing in the back that weird shape flange, so can i use the circle flange with the circle metal gasket?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

So what kind of flange did it have? Can we get a pic? In either case, you're best bet is making sure the downpipe has the same flange and gasket matches them.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 PM

right now my turbo has the weird shaped back, iam trying to get something to bolt on to the back into my downpipe that is my iam asking wich one should i get, i have an external wastegate on with my turbo manifolds and my turbo idk what to buy the weired shaped back because i cant find a gasket for it or can i just use the circle flange with a gasket?