Other Makes Look in the Sub-forums, if you vehicle's make is not list you can post below. Please Post in Correct Forum

Need saturn help!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need saturn help!!!

Ok so its my girlies car, and I have looked into the problem. And found a couple of solutions, but wanted to run it by other poeple. Theres a few problems, but ill start with the first.

1. When in drive and driving the car will act like its wanting to shift, then it kinda hesitates, and stays in gear and will do it again and again, till you let off the gas, then push on it again. Then it will shift normally. Im thinking this has something to do with a shift solinod.

2. When you drive and go wherever your going, then stop and put it in park it likes to rev to like 2k-3k RPM's. And sit there till you turn the car off. Im thinking this is a problem with the Idle Air Conterol Valve, but idk.

3. And now like 3 days ago, I think a coolant line cracked, due to the colder weather we have been having, and it likes to leak coolant. I have been keeping an eye on it and making sure it stays full. But ill be looking into that more on my next day off, and just go over all the radiator lines, and resivisor lines.

So right now, thats the only few things that wrong with car, other then that its a great daily driving car, and thats how I want to keep it. So if any of your guys have anything to input on this and let me know how to fix it that would be great. Or if you guys have any other ideas on how I should go about getting more info on these issues that would be great also. So thanks in advance.

1986 Toyota Supra Hardtop NA (Maroon)
1989 Toyota Supra Targa CT-26 (White w/ Black accent haha)