My Car is in LIMP MODE!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Car is in LIMP MODE!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Help with mini me swap!!!! PLEASEE!!!!

specs on the car
1990 civic hatch d15b7 y8 head.(mini me) stock internal stock head. intake headers exhuast. convert to odb1 p28 ecu jumper harness ect.

okay the car kicks over but only when the map senor is disconnected ? and it runs perfectly fine.
then when i plug it back in and try to kick it, it doesnt want to turn over. its sputters and if it does start its only for a sec and dies almost instanly.
we have tryed different ecus, re checked wires multi times. tryed diffent map senors (obd1/s) and im pretty sure we have tryed a (obdo) one as well. also have follow all 3 wires back to the ecu jsut to be posstive everything is right but still wont run. the ecu is chipped could that have anthing to do with it? we even cleared the ecu and put a simple basemap on it (perfect launch,check engine shift light ect. ) i woukld drive the car without it but theres a check engine code... which means no vtec and the swap was pointless... so it has have to be fixed!

if anyone has any idea of what it could be, or what could cause this or know anything any ideas or things to try please let me know... this is the only problem that is stopping me from driving my car.

with the different ecus it will start with the map plugged in, but then shows a heater code.. and is in limp mode. it only revs to 4 ground and then it acts as if its red lining ! so once again no vtec.. </3