Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run

Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run

Fellas and Ladies,

For the last 3 years I have done a drive from the Bay area on up the North West reaches of North Carolina and Tennessee border to Deals Gap in order to drive the Tail of the Dragon and other surrounding scenic roads. Last year I when with a group of rotary powered fans for what they called a Rotary Rally and the fun I had meeting fellow gear heads who made the trip was inspiring.

So inspiring that I want to propose a similar rally for our community. I create this tread to gauge interest in such a drive. Seeing the recent Midnight Run thread gives me hope that rumors of TR's demise (specifically the Nissan section) has been exaggerated. And with that, I would like to see where a proposal like this would go.

Post if you have any interest. I'll be going regardless. I have a wedding to attend near the end of April (weekend of the 20th) in Northern FL and so it would be cool with me to continue on or come back from the Dragon around that time in order to attend, but I would entertain other dates as well. Keep in mind that having the date further out should give us all time to save $$ and prep our rides accordingly and that holiday weekends are very busy for this "attraction".

I'll be checking this and bumping the thread for the next week or so before making an effort to gather everyone for a real meeting to discuss the trip...perhaps over a midnight run.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Hmm...I might have to talk to the wife about this. Not sure it will fly though because we're having a child in July and we're trying to save monies to move. Figure what, minimum $400 for gas, motel(?) and food?

Correction, baby is do in June. This isn't looking too good for me. : ' (

Last edited by KRUKED; 01-12-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Because race car…

Shucks Kruked. Though It would be great to meet you finally, that long drive would be tough for the little lady. Your estimate for gas is about right. Where to stay can be worked out to save cash too. Perhaps a Fall trip would be in order if you cant make this one??
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 AM

Me and some friends were planning something like this. Id be down if my car is ready.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Because race car…

Thats how it started for me last year. It was so much more fun with some fellow gearheads. Whats your time line for your car to be finished? THe end of APril is not set in stone. I'd go up any time after that. I would just consider the drive up to Talahassee a shake down run.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM

Well im looking at a few weeks for it to be legally running and road ready. For it to be somewhat road ready in my book im probably looking right around that time. I hope to have some nice sparco seats, permanent wheel set up, etc. by April.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM

im 100% down. im itchin to go again. went twice last year. once by myself but it was an s2k weekend, then 2nd time just me and my gf at the time, but i met a couple porsche owners that i drove with. that place is addicting. itd be cool to go up there with some S-chassis owners. let me know an exact date and ill take off of work.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Because race car…

Great to hear my man! Still looking to generate more interest to get the Drive off the ground, but its growing slowly. I remember you turbo issues on the Dragon last year.

Anyone can PM me too if they want. Bump for a Dragon run!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Because race car…

So slow. It saddens me that TR has so little traffic. So little love for one of the ultimate road trip destinations?

I'm going to the Jacksonville area this weekend to stretch the cars legs out. We'll see just how comfortable it will be over the 188 mile trip.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 AM
buildin' it

So little love, because of so little traffic.

I'm so excited about the trip. I only hope to have a car halfway worth taking up there by then. Even if the car is still crap, as long as it will make it there and back, I'm going. It would be super cool to have a 240 to take up there, but I can't imagine the trip would be any less awesome in one of our Z's.
I think it would be a great trip, even with just a handful of cars going up there.
It would be cool to have over half a dozen 240's cruising down the road all together, I would be perfectly happy to extend the invitation to others too.
I say, if you're a somewhat intelligent, at least halfway mature, automotive performance enthusiast, then come on.
the "brotherhood" of being 240/Nissan owners is awesome, but there are some pretty cool people around that would be cool on a trip like this. Driving the wrong car shouldn't rule them out, should it?

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run