Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run

Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to bring all that stuff, thats fine. You'll be a little over prepared and you might get made fun of too. Some one may call you a boyscout or something like that. But if something did happen and you had what you needed to make the repair right then you'd be the man. Or if you were able to help someone else, you'd be their hero.

Considering that youll bring it up and can stash it away @ where ever we end up staying as we travel the NC/TN country side and then have it travel back with you, it wont be so bad. That means you wont have to cart it around with you every where you go. But I can imagine the looks you might receive when you bring a set of axles into a hotel room...lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM

lol. Maybe Im jaded from owning DSMs? I just expect everything to fail constantly. Even though the only time a Nissan has left me stranded was due to a bad ECU, which I saw coming, and just neglected to replace it.

I dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about what Im driving. I have personally been through the entire car (with the exception of taking the head off the block and the gas tank out) and replaced every thing suspect with known-good or new parts. The running gear on this car is the most together and solid Ive ever owned. The motor makes no funny noises, leaks nothing, and suffers from only leaky valve stem seals from what I can tell.

Also, the trip Im taking next week is just to get away for a bit...I wont be doing anything more than slightly spirited driving (girlfriend will be along).

When I go up there specifically for driving, I would like to have a newer, more powerful engine...I may be swapping this bitch in a month or so, we'll see
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

DSM's aren't the problem. It's the cheap ass owners they attract. I've never had one leave me stranded. Including driving them to the DSM shoot out in Ohio, racing and driving home.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Because race car…

Yeah, that issue is common with the Nissan crowd too Tom. Owners can make or break a cars reputation. Look at all the hondas...hehehe.

I think you are not alone in feeling a little anxiety about driving up and back Omgosh. Its not short road trip. Thankfully its much more rewarding and because of that, worth worrying about.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
.....taste the rainbow

What some people fail to realize is that we all put plenty of miles on our cars around town. Just because we accumulate short burst of miles, they all add up. Say one puts a 1000 miles on the car within the city in a small time frame and one has no major problems, if any problems at all , chances are, one might not have any problems on a journey.
Granted a journey is more miles at once, but if you handle any problems before the journey, one should make do just fine.

That's just the way that I perceive things.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Because race car…

Stop and go traffic is harder on a car's over all mechanicals. I'd agree with that.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM

True.

Im not really worried about the 'mechanicals' , as the electronics, which have been my only issues on my last two 240sx. My only real worry is heat building up from running all day and something like the alternator or ignition component dying ...
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Because race car…

I have to reconsider the timing of the Dragon Run. A recent life development (a new job) will make it necessary to set the earliest possible get away date at around May 18th. Not that its a big deal or at lease I hope it isnt. As a group we havent set anything in stone yet. Though I would like to get going on something resembling a plan some time in the near furture.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Because race car…

True Omgosh. I think the majority of those going will be boosted. Heat build up then becomes a concern.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 AM
S one 4

If your car is up to snuff in town, a steady flow of cooler ambient air in the north of the state and up will be better for the cars than stop and go. A thorough check up of the car is in order and anyone taking a road trip would be foolish not too

If you haven't been around or you've been sleeping, the Nissan crowd has turned into much like the Honda crowd was in the mid 2000's. Most owners are cheap bastards, buying knock off parts and building slap dick cars.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run