White Bunny Clutch set up...

Old 01-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Bunny Clutch set up...

Is anyone running this set up?

KA24E/DE White Bunny Clutch Setup - Nissan 240SX Forums

Are you satisfied with the results?

I ask because my stock type clutch slips occasionally...its got some miles on it and if i was going to move to a different set up I thought this one might be an interesting/benificial choice for a car that will eventual have in the neighborhood of 250 -300 hp.

As always all feed back is welcomed and appreciated!!

Thanks,
-Royce
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Because race car…

Bummer...not even a token TR, "thats gay" comment. Well, maybe today. :\
Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 AM
(OO\____/OO)

that's gay

WB FTW... although upgraded stock is just as fine...

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Because race car…

LOL...wise guy!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
(SHIFT-YOUR SHITS WEAK)

just buy a name brand stage 2 clutch and be done with it.. i looked into this whole white bunny setup and its the same size as a sr clutch if i remember right,then you have to get a bigger flywheel that is gonna chew into the dust cover for a few minutes, then a certain type of clutch and pressure plate to fit said flywheel bolt pattern.. its just to much work and not enough go for how much you have to find and spend will be cheaper and better to just go with a name brand stage 2

Old 01-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Electronicals master ;P

seems pretty neat to me.

R.I.P. Tim Aldrich
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
buildin' it

Is it worth it, eh, its kind of a toss up.
Personally, I think it would be good for a drift set up, it would allow you to run an bigger clutch, and if you got an aftermarket clutch for the 2000-2001 xterra, which appears to be the same as everything else on the list, then you would have a crap ton of grip.
As far as the standard street going vehicle, I don't know. A lot of aftermarket clutches will grip better than stock and still give you that same stock pedal feel.
I think if I was looking to do it, I would research it and see if I could find some more driving impressions from other people. I have seen that before on other forums, so the info might be out there. I would also look into lightweight flywheels. If doing this means I would be stuck with a 20lbs flywheel, then I probably wouldn't do it. Then look into clutches. I'm sure there are some decent aftermarket clutches for some of those other cars. Keep in mind that they are designed for much bigger and heavier cars, so they should be able to hold even more power in a 240sx. I would say it is worth looking into, I just don't know if I would be ready to jump right into it based off of the information available right now.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Because race car…

This guy has some more recent experience with the set up...even opting for the 350z preasure plate. He says the KA flywheel weights in @ 21lbs and the d21 @ 23lbs. Regardless, I agree with you Emprire, it would only make sense to do a lightened flywheel to keep you ablity to rev at least as well as stock and increase your clamping area/force.

www.ka-t.org :: View topic - whitebunny=d21flywheel+southbend clutch(350z pressure plate)

I do think these guys in the link are losing the focus of what the white bunny is all about though. It is a set up that increases clamping force with reasonably priced OEM type replacement parts.

If you just going to spend a bunch of $$ on it why run around after the mix of parts...just get a stage 2 clutch kit and be done with it.

But if you can find (or have machined) a lightened d21 clutch to go along with a replacement cluch and preasure plate youre staying more in line with what this set up was intended to achieve.

-Royce
Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 AM
buildin' it

reading through that thread you posted, seems that there are some other options to really consider.
someone posted towards the end about using a rb25 flywheel. the light weight ones of those are like 12 pounds. pretty sure they are even bigger than the d21 truck ones. if they are bigger, then that would let you run the bigger clutches like the 300zx or the 350z clutches. you could get away with a stock clutch. or something very similar to it and not have to worry about it being able to take a beating, and it should last a long time.
The higher the stage of a clutch, the faster it will die off. So by the time you get a 240sx clutch that can hold 500+ horsepower, you're looking at replacing your clutch pretty much every year. But if you did a stock 300zx clutch, while it can hold 300 or so, that is rated for a car that is 1,000 pounds heavier.I have no doubt that it would be able to hold back 500 hp in a 240. The added perk there is that you can get anywhere from 60k to 100k miles on a stock clutch.

It is this sort of stuff that makes me really miss my 240's... I don't know of any white bunny type thing for the 300zx's...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Because race car…

Default Autozone??...GTFO...lol

16lbs flywheell(see the link)?? Interesting option...couple that with a 300zx NA clutch assy. Decent revs, excellent grab, near stock feel, longevity... this could be FTW...possibly??

Pioneer/Flywheel - Manual Transmission (FW-151) | Flywheel - Manual Transmission | AutoZone.com