Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Help hardwiring s14 fuel pump.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
no

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help hardwiring s14 fuel pump.

I'm hard wiring my walbro on my s14 and I'm a little unsure about how to do it. Here is what I've come up with so far. I was wondering if I could use the 12v switched wire to trigger the relay in the diagram on the non pump side of where I'm going to cut. I'm also unsure about which two wires to cut. I think the yellow is the 12v and the black with the spots is the ground. (The two on top in the second pic)

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Last edited by mewantkouki; 07-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:00 AM
no

Nobody..? lol

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:26 AM

ok here hope this help
I am thinking you are using a ford relay
# 30 power from battery
# 87 goes to positive of the fuel pump
# 86 goes to a good ground
# 85 goes to switch signal
Old 07-03-2009, 07:40 AM
No Ants Drift Member

pop off that metal cover and youll see what is what.

there are two plugs on top of the fuel pump assembly and the large plug with two wires is for the pump itself. the other plug with 3 wires is for the fuel level sender.

there is a relay in the driver side foot well behind the plastic that has all black wires. the black/pink is the ground trigger from the ecu, the 2 black/yellows are ignition hot and the last black/white is the wire to the pump.

this way, the black/yellow is hot with ignition, and when the ecu throws the black/pink ground, it sends the other black/yellow power thru the relay and out to the pump. if you wanted to hardwire, do it at this relay and just substitute a good power wire inplace of the black/yellow for the pump. if you want the pump to run all the time when the key is on regardless of the cu, then just ground out the black/pink to chassis