Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

CA18DET headtorque specs?

Old 07-21-2005, 07:59 PM
No Ants Drift Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA18DET headtorque specs?

so ive donwloaded FSM's for this goddamn thing from a few different websites and each one are missing the pages for the proper head torque on the headbolts. does anyone have a complete FSM or possibly know the proper torque setting for a CA18DET headbolt?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:09 AM

I found the torque settings for the ca16de. I don't believe they should be much different. I found one manual for the ca18det, but it was missing the important pages like you said. http://manual.nissanexa.com/CA16DE_Manual/EM.zip - that's the link for the ca16de manual. I put the page here for a quick reference tho.

I have a pulsar and they are difficult at times. What car are you working on that has a ca18det?
Attached Thumbnails CA18DET headtorque specs?-headbolts.jpg  

www.nissanexa.com
Old 07-22-2005, 01:39 AM

Default 2 hours later...

So two hours later of searching and reading I found a full version of the ca18det service manual for you, and the fucking torque specs are the same for the ca16de as they are for the ca18det. I've included a pic for you of the specs for the ca18det here also. Here is the link for the full service manual for the ca18det - http://www.nissan200sx.dk/NISSAN_S13_MANUAL2a.PDF

What is this for??? A pulsar - I'm hoping...
I know XAT Racing was working on a pulsar swap recently - can you tell me about it if you know anything? Thanks and hopefully this was helpful.

P.S. maybe a moderator could give me some rep points for not post whoring and trying to only post when I have something important to say or ask? Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails CA18DET headtorque specs?-ca18det.jpg  

www.nissanexa.com

Last edited by pulsar; 07-22-2005 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:58 AM
kings cannot fall.

impact gun set on high.
4 or five seconds should be good.
hahahaha
Old 07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
No Ants Drift Member

Originally Posted by pulsar
So two hours later of searching and reading I found a full version of the ca18det service manual for you, and the fucking torque specs are the same for the ca16de as they are for the ca18det. I've included a pic for you of the specs for the ca18det here also. Here is the link for the full service manual for the ca18det - http://www.nissan200sx.dk/NISSAN_S13_MANUAL2a.PDF

What is this for??? A pulsar - I'm hoping...
I know XAT Racing was working on a pulsar swap recently - can you tell me about it if you know anything? Thanks and hopefully this was helpful.

P.S. maybe a moderator could give me some rep points for not post whoring and trying to only post when I have something important to say or ask? Thanks...
thanks for the effort, but lay off the coffee!

a) no its not a pulsar
b) i dont work for XAT so i have no idea what youre talking about
c) its not a pulsar
d) its a 240SX
e) its not a pulsar

lol
Old 07-22-2005, 05:21 PM
kings cannot fall.

omg, IS it A pUlsAr?!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:03 PM

Dr.Octogon
You know I thought you were helpful at times and a wise ass parttime, but the more you post the more I realize you are just like superkaoken. Your on this site all day and all night long - you should get a life.

I was trying to be help Taylor, because I love the pulsars and guess what motor comes in them??? Hmmmm CA series - I know my shit about these motors and thought it would have been easy to assist him. You probably don't even know the differences between a pulsar 91 GTI-R and 92 Golf - Your a post whore and a waste of space.

Taylor - Good luck with the CA18det. Do you know where to order forged pistons and rings from for that motor?

www.nissanexa.com
Old 07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Jamesessesess

which pistons do you need?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:26 PM

I don't need them right now, but I may need the CA18det pistons, rings, copper head gasket, and everything else that I would need to reinforce the CA. I might try the SR swap into my pulsar though - I'm trying to figure which motor would be better for me in the long run.

P.S. I fixed your sig and Taylor's if you folks want them.
Attached Thumbnails CA18DET headtorque specs?-8946robotlogo.jpg   CA18DET headtorque specs?-8946robotlogo-1-.jpg  

www.nissanexa.com

Last edited by pulsar; 07-22-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Sideways Maffia

P U L S Arrrrrrrrrrrrg!