Back to Nissans...(Infiniti if you wanna get all technical)

Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
You can call me Tanner.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to Nissans...(Infiniti if you wanna get all technical)

So after much time away from the car scene, and even TR itself, I'm finally back, and with another Nissan product.
Now, a few of you may remember me and the light restore of my '89 D21 from late '09 to mid '10.

Then I went to a beat to shit '90 MK3 N/A Supra..

Then a '92 Lexus SC400 with water damage that I never did get around to working on, and my father ended up giving it away...

And for the last 6-8 months, I've been rollin' in one of these...

Yep, '86 Sable Wagon.

But now, nearly 2 and 1/2 years later, I've got another Nissan product. A '96 Infiniti G20!

Now a little back story on this car. Sadly, it IS an Auto, but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. Anyways, it was my sister's for about 2 or 3 years, but she parked it due to a faulty alternator about 3-4 months ago, and then moved to Georgia. She then gave the car to my mom, who in turn said if I could fix it, I could have it. I promptly agreed lol. Anyways, as far as my intentions for it, I intend to take the car back to it's former glory, similar to how I redid the D21. Simple, little to no mods, just to be used for Daily Driving. Anyways, here are some photos..

Girls and decorating cars in fruity ways, something I'll never quite understand:

Mint dash is a plus

194k is not...

Typical female trunk..

Old beverage containers, shoes, trash, unused automotive fluids and knick knacks. Yep, everything's all there...

Even found some rice-tastic mesh inserts for the bumper.

Upon test-fitting one, I found out the bumper has a gnarly crack in it...

Bonus pics!

All the wheels look like this, more or less..

One of them is even custom 3 lug...

Also, the right fender has a rather peculiar goldfish-shaped dent in it. Complete with eyes and a mouth. (My sister is a 'tard)

But at the end of the day, at least I'm a Value Menu Millionaire!

Anyways, this car needs some work, and I'm glad to be back in the game, even if it's only by a little. I promise to be back on here, and keeping you guys filled in with what's going on with the car. As for right now, I'm gonna start cleanin' this bitch out, then I'll try and jump start it to see if the engine has any other issues that need to be addressed, which I'm sure there will be. Anyways, it's good to be back. Later guys!
Old 05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
You can call me Tanner.

UPDATE : I'm gonna be pricing an alternator soon and I'll be doing the oil change probably tomorrow or sometime next week. Like always, I'll be spamming pics because it's all I know lol.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:17 AM

I just bought a 96 g20 last week mtself but mine only has 188k miles and a cracked up dash...my back seat is nothing but foam (all leather gone!) still runs great though..they seem like a decent project car
Old 07-18-2012, 10:32 PM
You can call me Tanner.

So, sister took the car back. (Big fucking surprise). Oh well, I'm saving for something nifty, so I'll definitely be starting a new project sometime soon. In the meantime, it's good to be back. =)
Old 07-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Not Mad

^That sucks.