Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

1995 eagle talon, need help!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 1995 eagle talon, need help!

this car have alot of problems from the person i just bought it from....

what dose it mean if white/blueish smoke comes out alot? FOUND OUT TURBO WAS BAD! thx for the smoking help all!

can a GST ECU work fine in my talon TSI ?and where is the ECU located in the car?

got a 16G turbo... can i just bolt right up? got greedy RS BOV, should that work fine?

plz help need this thing runnin asap

Last edited by xXGTRx7Xx; 07-23-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:00 PM
One less bolt than you

Blue/white smoke, Not sure about the blue part. But white usually is an oil burning issue, Like maybe bad valve stem seals. and to answer the 6/7 bolt question, Count the bolts connecting the flywheel to the crank. Meaning you have to drop the transmission, But my money is on a 7 bolt if it's all stock.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM

Actually it is white is water blue is oil. He is correct about the bolts in the flywheel but also there is a way to tell by the different oil pans. I forget exactly how it goes but one on the crank side has more of a dip then the other. If you have a non turbo eclipse then I wouldn't use a turbo ecu because of injector size difference and I'm sure other reasons. If you have a talon turbo then yes you can use an eclipse turbo ecu. Your ecu is located behind your radio. Take the panels off by where your accelerator pedal is and you'll be able to see it. The fastest way to check your alternator is have the car running and unhook the ground wire from the battery terminal, if the car continues to run it means the alternator is good. Now for your 16g question, yes it will bolt right on if your car is turbo. If not your going to have to change a few things. Also if your car is already turbo and you want to put a 16g on you might have to get a longer oil return line or feed line.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by rairai; 07-22-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Probably $#%#ing broke.

For the smoke, bad turbo or valve stems. My money is on the turbo.
For the motor question, try checking the oil pan, the 7 bolt oil pan has a dip in it under the oil filter housing. The 6 bolt is flat, flywheel would be the sure-fire way though.
You can bolt the turbo right up, just keep the boost down until you can tune it. make sure to recirculate that BOV.

EDIT: ah beat me to it!
Mods: 11's

Last edited by blackFLgst; 07-22-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 PM

lol to quick for you

Old 07-23-2010, 10:59 PM

My car is a TSI,, yea found out that my stock turbo was died... got a 16g waitin to be installed, any pointers or need to knows before/while install it also can i just use my lil side mount?... dont have a boost controller, should i get one for this 16G on a stock rebuild head TSI?

also yes my car TSI. so then the GST ECU can just bolt right up with no problems? and is it better?

sry for the noob questions guys, im new to the turbo DSM..

also its a 7 bolt. the dealer lied to me sadly,he said it was a 6bolt... yay me /sigh.... anythin i can add to the 7 bolt to make it not as crapy or not make it fail?

Last edited by xXGTRx7Xx; 07-23-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by blackFLgst
For the smoke, bad turbo or valve stems. My money is on the turbo.
For the motor question, try checking the oil pan, the 7 bolt oil pan has a dip in it under the oil filter housing. The 6 bolt is flat, flywheel would be the sure-fire way though.
You can bolt the turbo right up, just keep the boost down until you can tune it. make sure to recirculate that BOV.

EDIT: ah beat me to it!
wat u mean by recirculate the BOV?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:08 PM

6 bolt and 7 bolt have diffrent coolant set up at the rad caps. if i can remember right, 6 bolt has 2 hoses and 7 bolt has 3 like mine (mite be wrong)

blue smoke is blow by on the rings
Whte is either carbon or coolant
grey is oil

ecu should be behind the center consol

tdo5h 16 or evo 16g? my tdo5 bolts up to the stock manifold

greddy bov idk, i have after market intercooler pipeing. and it has to be set up as rec, thats the hose that connects back to the intake pipe to the turbo

is the altinator was shot or the belt is shot the BATTERY light would be on, easy way to do it, jump the car with out a battery, if the car stays on then the alt is good. if is dies off then it is shot
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #48

99 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T DD
91 Honda CRX Si
91 Honda Civic Si

91 Honda CIVIC Si FOR SALE da front brakes. mint interior, 650 buks
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 AM

evo 16g
Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 AM

anyone have or kno a good diagram i can look at to hook up a 16G turbo with BOV and boost controler?