Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

98 Stroker 2.3 Gsx

Old 09-11-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can link or ecu flash do staged injection didnt think sooo only aem. Ive used aem on my evo back when it was stock and i had no problems and i dont care what you think or say ecu flash and link can not do AS MUCH as aem.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fitbikeco
Can link or ecu flash do staged injection didnt think sooo only aem. Ive used aem on my evo back when it was stock and i had no problems and i dont care what you think or say ecu flash and link can not do AS MUCH as aem.
LOL!

DSM's are making 1000+ whp like stated, with out "staged fuel injection" so why would he need it?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by fitbikeco
This statement is wrong Rich, dsmlink V3 can run up to 8 injectors now, don't exactly know the details, but I know people are running staged injection with link. Slow91Laser, most people 500+whp always end up going with AEM in the long run, expecially with DSM's because of all the ECU problems and other misc reasons.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 AM

[h=2]Dual-bank Injectors[/h]If you've wanted to run more than 4 injectors, here you go. You basically configure a set of conditions to trigger the mode and then configure how fuel should be adjusted when the mode is active. You can even dial in a delay between when the mode is technically triggered and when the adjustments actually go active. This can help with installations that use a mechanical relay, for example, to activate the secondary injector bank inputs to their injector driver box.

^ off the dsmlink website, it even shows 2 pictures showing that you can trigger the other 4 injectors by a certain rpm/speed/load/and or when knock is present.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:29 AM

I was under the impression that AEM can do more than link, but now, ECMLink has caught up with the times and can do the same, if not better than AEM. Does that mean that Dsmlink is the way to go? No. I believe AEM is the best, but Link is definetly awesome for the price and simplicity for the DIY'ers.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjackson2802
I was under the impression that AEM can do more than link, but now, ECMLink has caught up with the times and can do the same, if not better than AEM. Does that mean that Dsmlink is the way to go? No. I believe AEM is the best, but Link is definetly awesome for the price and simplicity for the DIY'ers.
that was the general thought for a long time ..
Even in the evo world the aem has been phased out on cars under 800whp Its funny how you can find those ecus for sale now for 700shipped .
As time goes on there wont be much left for aftermarket ecu's to have an advantage. I still agree that retarded high hp cars can benefit from aem. But most people dont need it .
Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 AM

I might be trying out Microtech, if my cousin decided to come off of it. The software is free and downloadable off the website....and its already wired in for my mirage/1g dsm harness lol.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by cjackson2802
I might be trying out Microtech, if my cousin decided to come off of it. The software is free and downloadable off the website....and its already wired in for my mirage/1g dsm harness lol.
microtech is a pos .. its a race only ecu . good if you want to do just that . i used microtech in my rx7 . it couldnt even compensate for a/c.
it also only ran in open loop. it doesnt support closed loop, gas mileage was poop .
I wouldnt suggest it unless the car is RACE only .
haltech , aem, autronic, ect. all way better options
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM

good to know. it's a stand alone ecu so my assumptions weren't right. lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:39 AM

well its been a week or two and i thought id update ppl on the car. put it together n it did its dsm thing . broke down lol. nahh blew the head gasket. had copper o rings. n however did them sucked. ... had like 5 thousands gap lol... got steal o rings now! installed back on the car n it holds great i never new this things was gonna be so much fun once it got finished. it was truly a good feeling having this come together right. when i first put this junk yard engine in.... bad oil leak. rear main housing was cranked. i had no idea!!!! trans right back out lol. fixed that. upgraded intake this time around. it only has base tune that Z set up in almost no time. Its 400 plus strong. raced a few cars last night pushing that plus n ate them so its a good gauge. its only at 23 psi n the slowest it will ever be but this thing is fun. anyways here are more pics. look for videos soon!!!