Few questions

Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions

Hey guys,

I've recently removed the headliner and dash from my 1998 Honda Accord (no sunroof) and am interested in having them wrapped (definitely the headliner, still undecided about the dash). I know it'll be easier to receive a quote on the pieces if I bring them by, but beforehand I'm curious if 1) you carry alcantara fabric (I'm hesitant to use regular suede due to being prone to fading, any insight?), and 2) have any examples of your double-stitching (I'm interested in having black alcantara with red double-stitching).

Obviously this is an NSX and not an Accord, but this is the type of look I'm interested in:

Removal/installation of the pieces will be unnecessary. Also, if we can get started on these pieces I'm sure I'll bring by the rest of the interior pieces (center console, pillars, rear deck, door panels, etc.) at a later date. My car is at a body shop in Ocala undergoing custom work, so I can remove all of the interior pieces as they're needed.

Does this seem like a job you could be interested in? Let me know and I'll try to set up an appointment to stop in.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Well, you have come to the right place (as many TR members here will tell you). Our lead upholsterer is one of the best in the business. As a matter of fact, I have just replaced our old commercial sewing machine with a brand new Juki DNU1541S commercial machine. This absolutely does the most accurate stitching and spacing in the industry. There is no other machine better suited for automotive and marine upholstery and I am the ONLY shop in the whole Tampa Bay area with this machine (as a matter of fact, there are supposedly only 4 upholstery shops in Florida with this machine-and three are in Miami and do high end boats). JC Penny actually uses these machines to sew all of their bras!

Anyway, along with the machine and the lead upholsterers experiance, there is nothing we cannot do. If you want to see some of his double stitching, come by the shop. He has whipped up a few examples and can even do an example while you watch if necessary.

As for Alacantra, yes it is the best, yes we are an authorized dealer, and yes it is EXPENSIVE! On Alacantra jobs, we usually only do material cost plus 10% then just charge for labor due to the expense. I have a Porsche GT2 that we did allot of custom uphostery and sub enclosure stitching for you to look at also in the portfolio (give me your email address and I can send them to you-this client is very high end and his car is worth over $200k so we don't publicly broadcast too much of the work).

We need to get you an consultation appointment so you can come by and meet up with my upholsterer. We always have current projects in the shop also in various stages that you can look at too to see his stellar workmanship. You will find that he stitches better than the factory!

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the quick response Matt, you've made me anxious to get into the shop to check out your upholster's work. My email is bdeitemeyer@gmail.com, feel free to email me the GT2 results. By the way, are you only open on weekdays?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Check your email! We are open Monday thru Saturday. The upholsterer usually only works Monday thru Friday though but he will be in all day this Saturday to catch up on all the projects we currently have going. So you can stop by as early as tomorrow...

MCOR Automotive LLC
mcorautomotivellc@verizon.net
www.mcorautomotive.com
1635 Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 3
Lutz, FL 33548

(813) 362-5454

"TR Official 12V Shop"- Automotive Audio/Video/Security (JL Audio, Alpine, Hertz/Audiosn, ARC Audio), Window/Tail Lamp Tint, Custom Wheels, Clear Shield, automotive upholstery and leather conversions, "All the Above!"
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Received the emails, thanks again Matt. I'll definitely try to stop by tomorrow so we can get an estimate started.

-Brad