Professional EFI Systems (ProEFI)

Old 01-15-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Professional EFI Systems (ProEFI)

I'm going to make this post pretty short as I am trying to catch up at the shop after being out at ProEFI's facility for three days and have a pretty busy week ahead of me.

I have had A LOT of people ask me what I think about ProEFI and about ProEFI in general over the last two to three years. I've told just about everyone I wouldn't comment on it due to not using it before I was able to, not using it enough as I didn't have the time yet. I don't recommend nor comment on anything I don't use and sell. ProEFI was no different. At this point I have a solid ten hours into the dealer software, end user software and installing the system in Supras. I will be using it with some other applications here soon.

First lets look at the hardware. Flat out ... It's solid. I'm sure more than a few of us have drop tested, toss tested and even fluid tested these with zero issues :rofl: The Pro128 uses a Freescale MPC 565 processor at 56mhz. The PRo48 uses a Motorola MPC 563 processor at 56mhz. The ECM is designed to meet automotive industry standard under hood environmental requirements for 12 volt and 24 volt systems, and also meets marine industry environmental requirements. Validation tests included extreme operating temperatures (-40° to +105° C), thermal shock, humidity, salt spray, salt fog, immersion, fluid resistance, mechanical shock, vibration, and EMC.

6.2 STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -40° to +125° C

6.3 OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -40° to +105° C

6.4 THERMAL SHOCK: -40° to +125° C transition within 10s for 500 cycles

6.5 FLUID RESISTANCE: Two stroke motor oil,

Four stroke motor oil,

Unleaded gasoline,

ASTM Reference 'C' fuel

6.6 HUMIDITY RESISTANCE: 85% humidity at 85°C for 1000 hours of operation

6.7 SALT FOG RESISTANCE: 1000 hours

6.8 IMMERSION: Submersible in 8% saltwater solution to 10'

6.9 MECAHANICAL SHOCK: 50 hours of 50 g's

6.10 DROP: Random drop tests on concrete from 6'

6.11 VIBRATION: Engine mountable and tested to high-performance levels

6.12 ABNORMAL SUPPLY VOLTAGE RESISTANCE:

Conditions Supply Voltage Time

Reverse Battery -24VDC 5 Minutes

Abnormal Alternator Output 36VDC 5 Minutes

Minimum Battery 6VDC Indef.

As you can see it's solid. From talking to Jason at ProEFI and Larry at SP there has been zero (0) failures.

Lets get into the software. The Dealer software is just that ... For the dealers. There is nothing fancy or pretty about it. It works and it works well. The End User software looks great, is easy to navigate and easy to use. If you can use other tuning software/editors, Quick Books, Microsoft Live or any other easy to use program you can use the End User software.

Support. You have the support of the dealer you purchased the ProEFI from. Even away from your dealer other dealers are willing to help end users of ProEFI out as well.

In short ... ProEFI gets my full support :bigok: If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I am not able to answer it I am sure Larry from SP or Chris from SS will. Some pictures below from my recent trip to ProEFI's facility in Arizona.

Jason from ProEFI and Larry from SP testing trunk space

* IP Web-Site

* RIP Kevin/Slo_Si RIP & Pablo/Fathead
Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Tuned by Alpha @ Induction Performance