Eddie's lexus sc300 2jz-gte swap!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes sir you are right about the bottom end. I know they are the weak link for any turbo setup but I think it should be able to handle 6 psi from the small turbo and supply enough boost for everyday driving and improve on gas mileage as well on the highway? we will see. We are packing up in Iraq as I am writing and getting the turbo done before i get home is likely. So I will wait for quote and we will go from there. Anybody needing any reassurance about Justin and his crews skills just need to look at the pictures at hand and some of his other builds. I can say he is honest and does what he says he is going to do. Back home I have customers that I do work for as well on there Acura/Hondas and Lexus/Toyotas and I try and emulate what you are doing Justin, Like washing there car when you are finished and try and inform the customer whats going on. So it is greatly appreciated and now I know how my customers feel!! Hats off to you man it was really worth the trip down there to have you do the swap for me. I would take your advise on the not doing the Tundra Turbo but I need to do something with that turbo sitting in the attic that I paid for. I get a lot of flack from the wife about it just sitting up in the attic collecting dust.Thanks for all the compliments on the car gentlemen. I see what you see for now I havent touched it yet. I will let you know how it rides real soon! Enjoy the build! Thanks Justin!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Thanks Eddie

Well we pressure washed engine bay... And installed the engine which is now Alive & running!!

Next we'll move onto the intercooler piping
Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/hybrid-motorsports/

Last edited by Hybrid Motorsports; 10-27-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM

Looking good Justin. I e-mailed the guy about the clear corners last week didnt get a response back from him. On the rear tail assembly i already contacted the folks and paid for the other side but i will e-mail him now to see what the problem is. I am in Kuwait City right now waiting on a flight home. should be there by sunday or monday. I will call them directly when i get home about the rear tails. If for any reason i cant get in contact with the guy about the clears i can put them on when i get back. But i was having them come to your shop though. Yes about the intake i sent a picture but maybe it didnt go through? It is a simple intake setup off the 1993-1997 supras that i wanted installed on the sc to make it look factory that was all. Nothing fancy. But if you want to do the one that look like shanes that is cool too. Either or. I am easy. And that bad boy is running? Man I cant wait. So just continue with how you want with the piping and we can go on from there. Its your call. Ok Justin I will talk to you soon and the pics look awesome!!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:27 PM

Default Exellent Job!

Justin I hope you dont mind me posting the pics up you sent. Just what I had asked for. I am definitely pleased and happy I chose to do business with you! I will spread the word for you. You and your co-workers are class acts! See you soon!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM

No Prob Eddie...where back in business now...

Old corners... and fogs

eddies got some new corners and fogs all led look amazing:

As usual we paid close attention on making the intercooler piping short/staright and direct at possible to keep efficiency high.

All of the charge piping:

Leveled & mounted intecooler:

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:

Last edited by Hybrid Motorsports; 11-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM

And the finished product as Eddie posted:

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
Old 11-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Hell yea, looks good!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:33 AM

Thanks Noah!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:48 PM

A few more shots..Eddie came down from Georgia today and the car was delivered.. he was pleased with the swap..Thanks again Eddie it was a pleasure doing this project with you!

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Default She's home!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]173510[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]173511[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]173512[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]173513[/ATTACH]

Just wanted to give shout out to Justin and his crew. Made it back to Savannah with no problems. My son drove the Lexus from St Pete all the way to Daytona and we made a nice run between the two cities on I-4 straight through. After the first stop my son exited the car with a big smile on his face and said Dad I am really scared of the coupe because it spooled so fast and pinned him in the seat when we were weaving our way through traffic. Looking at the car in the rear view I could see for myself how fast she really was. I was impressed to say the least at the attention to detail and time put in to make the car come to life. Anybody needing the swap done do your self a favor and let Justin take care of you. He did me right and treated my family like family! Here are a few pics of the wheels installed and the led fogs and led corner lights.

Quick Reply: Eddie's lexus sc300 2jz-gte swap!