Eddie's lexus sc300 2jz-gte swap!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apache31405
I tried to attach some pics of the wheels. They are Asanti 20x8.5 up front and 20x10 for the rear. Tires are at the house as well they are goodyear. I probably wont put the asantis on until i get back. I have another set of 20's i got off of e-bay and I may have my uncle bring those down to you. I have one last request. You know with all this added power you have to be able to stop right? Well I will order the front and rear set of Wilwood big brake kit for the SC then I will be done. I think the website said it needed 17 inch wheels or larger so i may go with the other set of 20's I have we will see. Keep up the good work and talk to you soon. Peace!Eddie J.
Wow, The wheels look great Eddie can't wait until you get back and install them to see the finished product. Absolutely the BBK is an excellent choice and upgrade especially with the extra rolling mass of the 20's. Those are some super clean specimens you had, Gotta love the timeless design and lines of the sc's... Yeah let me know if you need anything else, Thanks and take care.

Last edited by bikeimports; 09-28-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dbr4hh
hell yeah im actually looking for a sc to do a 2j swap and i want to come to you guys is there anyway i could come down and talk to you guys about it?
Pm sent. Thank you!
Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/hybrid-motorsports/
Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Well we got in our parts , Some of which was on back order....

We Love getting goodies in the mail!

* ATI super damper
* HKS type 0 turbo timer
* Factory supra water pump
* Lightweight accessory pulley set
* Walbro 255lph fuel pump
* New motor mounts

So we started by removing the aristo hydro pump, And installing the supra pump so we can get our new parts on.

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 PM

I just went in the shop and took a short peek and everything seems to coming along real nice! Hybrid for sure keeps everything clean and nice so they can work. A+

Very nice SC by the way, clean
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM

Fashion & Function...It's rare you get both...... Lets have a look before and after!!

We also realize cylinder # 1 & 2 had some damaged coil pack clips so we replaced them:

Like I mentioned before in the toyota tech section you can get these off a late model dodge interepid or chrysler concorde in your local boneyard (so never overpay again), Hmm they actually made those cars useful for something...LOL
Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 PM

So we moved onto installing the new 255lph fuel pump and performing the 12 volt modification to ensure our pump is receiving sufficient voltage.

Rear seat and driver rear quarter panel removed to gain access to both the fuel pump & fuel pump controller:

The pump was then carefully remove and the new pump installed:

Then the 12v mod performed ( This is a good idea to do when you install a high performance pump, The computers tend to go bad over time and usually don't allow the pump see full voltage (or none at all and leave you stranded), doable on a stock pump but the stock pump was'nt designed to see 12v at all times. Your Call!

How it works is basically at idle and low load situation the computer will govern the voltage going to the pump I believe as low as 8 or 9 volts and at wot or high loads it will ramp the voltage up to 12v + They designed and implemented this feature to extend the lifespan of a pump..good for longevity not so good for performance.

This is how you perform the modification:

Then plug it back in and tuck everything away neatly: like so..

Then replace your seats Done

Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 AM

Sweet, I thought this was the situation with my IS300 and stuck Lean. When I go turbo are you doing this to my car? I already have a 255 walbro installed...
Old 10-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Things are really coming along Justin. I am impressed with all the work and attention to detail that is going there. PM me with the quote but I have a 2004 Toyota tundra double cab and I have a squires turbo kit (universal) and I have had it since 2007 sitting in the attic. I was going to use it on one of my sc400's but figured i would just get an sc300 and do the swap that you are performing. Dont want nothing to wild. Here is a picture of the truck and the turbo kit. What do you think?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Noah2JZ
Sweet, I thought this was the situation with my IS300 and stuck Lean. When I go turbo are you doing this to my car? I already have a 255 walbro installed...
Yeah we'll perform this mod on the IS aswell
Unit 3E
Ph. 727.753.9664

Shop Forum:
Old 10-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by apache31405
Things are really coming along Justin. I am impressed with all the work and attention to detail that is going there. PM me with the quote but I have a 2004 Toyota tundra double cab and I have a squires turbo kit (universal) and I have had it since 2007 sitting in the attic. I was going to use it on one of my sc400's but figured i would just get an sc300 and do the swap that you are performing. Dont want nothing to wild. Here is a picture of the truck and the turbo kit. What do you think?

Yeah Eddie It's been moving forward nicely, Okay I'll get on that quote , Yeah nothing crazy with those 2uz's from the little I know about those engine you have to change the rods out for any major power upgrade, I think it will be a very nice project to do that i'm sure several people would like to see happen including myself, However my honest opinion would be to keep it stock and invest that time and money into the sc.... At the end of the day totally your decision, I'd be more than happy to do it.

Last edited by bikeimports; 10-15-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Eddie's lexus sc300 2jz-gte swap!