Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a resistor box into an obd1 honda w/DSM 450's?

Old 06-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Is now ballin!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a wiring diagram for a resistor box into an obd1 honda w/DSM 450's?

If you do, or know of where to get one (I've tried searching h-t and google and found nothing) please post any info u have up, thanks guys!

RIP Kevin (Slo_Si) Gonzalez - 09/13/2006
Old 06-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Certified since '85

Man I was talking about Honda-tech......

TR Hydroponics Abuser #36329
J a s o0o n: i need to get piss ass shit face fuck bag bitch ass drunk god damn
Old 06-08-2005, 10:29 AM
mullet racing

Great accomplishment only comes with great risk. I’ll accept the crippling, gut wrenching disappointment of risking all, and failing, but only by putting my whole heart and soul, my whole being into something, will I have the chance to walk among the stars.

Those who risk nothing, those who live their lives in fear, will never have that chance.

Failure is not a sin. It’s being too afraid to even try, that is a sin.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Is now ballin!

Originally Posted by Suspect
Man I was talking about Honda-tech......
h-t = Honda-tech jackass...

Old 06-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Is now ballin!

Originally Posted by deez92
Nice diagram jfwy but My resistor box has no different color wires, so I'm confused..

Old 06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
MaDe Of MoNeY

look at the plugs at the injectors each plug should have one wire that is the same color. that is the wire you run to the resistor box and as far as the wires comming off the resistor box It shouldnt matter
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SlowerThanYou
look at the plugs at the injectors each plug should have one wire that is the same color. that is the wire you run to the resistor box and as far as the wires comming off the resistor box It shouldnt matter
The common wire should be yellow between the 4 injectors, but you only need to connect one of the yellow wires coming from the ECU to the resistor box, not all four. Connect one yellow wire to the resistor box, and tuck the other 3 away, the follow the rest of the diagram above.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
clownin since 81'

here you go Jason , got this from Honda tech- James

--> The four pairs wires coming off the fuel rail will have a common color of wire and one random color wire. If you look at the dsm clips, it will also have one common color wire and one random color wire.
The fuel rail has common yellow/black wire, and the dsm has common red wire. Take the common from each side, and solder them together for each clip. Then take the random wires and solder those together. order does not matter.

SOlder the wires together and use electrical tape to cover and protect the exposed wire.

-->Now that the clips are on, it's on to perparing the o-rings for installation. The tip of the injector on the dsm is wider in diameter then the stock injectors. This means you need to either buy larger o-ring injectors, or bore out the o-rings to fit.
Here is an side by side comparison of the diameter difference.

On obd1 Honda's, there is a "dead end" clip on the wiring harness in the right corner of the engine bay. (obd2 has this clip under the intake manifold). This clip has the electrical power running through it that goes to the injectors. It is right next to the clutch master cylinder.

--> Using a multimeter, check for conductivity between each clip and the end's of the "dead-end" connector. The idea is to find which wires actually are routed to the injector clips, so seeing if electricity can flow, you can guess-and-check and find out.
There are eight different wires going into the "dead-end" connector, all of which you must check to see if they are the winners! According to h-t, it could be random placed, so do not assume and follow my example. CHECK FOR YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE!

The red dots are showing which ones came out conductive for me. AGAIN, CHECK FOR YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE!

--> Once you found out which ones are conductive, move down 2-4 inches and cut the wire. This break in to wire is where you will have your resistor tie into the system. Strip both sides of the new striped wires.

--> If you take a look at your resistor box, there should be 5 wires coming out of it. Four of them should be common color and one of them should be a different color. Strip all the ends if they are not already.

--> Next, Take the Single different color wire from the resistor box and solder it to all Four of the wires on the "dead-end" side. See diagram for better explaintion.

Wiring is no hobby, call an Electrician.

myspace page

Last edited by CivicCrx21; 06-08-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Retired Ricer...

Just contact Neal (CXCivic)... He has a way of making these things look like they came in the car from the factory... I can let you look at my car, and you probably wont even know I have one...

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 06-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Is now ballin!

Ok what if I didn't get the clips with the dsm injectors? My stock ones wont work??