General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Red Light Cameras go into effect in Tampa on 1 October

Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just think of all the children it will save. The children. They are our future.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Notice the majority of the cameras are in the lower income areas. I am sure they did a study on most accidents
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Not Mad

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Notice the majority of the cameras are in the lower income areas. I am sure they did a study on most accidents
Dale Mabry is a high traffic area though.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Good point, Cordite.
They are reluctant to tell us the locations where running red lights
cause crashes and death. After years Temple Terrace is still witholding
the stats...."for further study" LOL

It looks like the cameras don't go up based on crashes and death.
Cameras go up based on traffic volume.
Have they realized that more cars mean more chance of a car not completely
clearing the intersection?-Bob

Originally Posted by CoRDiTe
Dale Mabry is a high traffic area though.

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/

Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Blood In Blood Out

Originally Posted by Chuck 98 RT/10
Just think of all the children it will save. The children. They are our future.
Sexual Chocolate everybody!!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 AM
lol wut?

So did Tampa have its red light cameras turned off? Because I remember seeing them.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Goddamn. Thats a lot of cameras...They're going to great lengths to extort every cent from us that they can....and ship a cut of it to the overseas company who owns the cameras.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Ecotec y0!

^ majority of them are actually from Dallas, TX
Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 PM
buildin' it

they installed a few over here in St. Pete too. Up and down 4th street. The places they put them don't have anything to do with wrecks. it has to do with A) A cheap/easy place to install the cameras. Not all intersections are setup so that you can stick cameras at them. and B) the highest potential for revenue. Two of the intersections they picked I have never seen a wreck at. Ever. and I've lived in this area for 24 years. The one intersection that I have seen a few wrecks at didn't get a camera. They did put them at 4th and Gandy, which has the reputation for being one of the most dangerous intersections but then again, I have never personally seen a wreck there. However, I will tell you, that those cameras have already caused a high number of near misses. The bright ass flash right at the corner of your eye has distracted numerous drivers. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone serve or hit their breaks or otherwise freak out when that flash goes off. People think they missed an ambulance, or they think it is head lights flashing at them from a car they missed that is about to hit them. The distracting flashes aside, All I see the cameras doing is making people stomp on the gas to get through the intersection on yellow, which has caused people to almost rear end the person in front of them multiple times. OR people slamming on their brakes and stopping short of the stop bar so they don't get their picture taken, which has almost cause numerous collisions. They have only been there for what, a week or so, and I have personally seen a dozen near misses already.

Last edited by Empire; 10-02-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: computer tweak
Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Blood In Blood Out

Originally Posted by Empire
they installed a few over here in St. Pete too. Up and down 4th street. The places they put them don't have anything to do with wrecks. it has to do with A) A cheap/easy place to install the cameras. Not all intersections are setup so that you can stick cameras at them. and B) the highest potential for revenue. Two of the intersections they picked I have never seen a wreck at. Ever. and I've lived in this area for 24 years. The one intersection that I have seen a few wrecks at didn't get a camera. They did put them at 4th and Gandy, which has the reputation for being one of the most dangerous intersections but then again, I have never personally seen a wreck there. However, I will tell you, that those cameras have already caused a high number of near misses. The bright ass flash right at the corner of your eye has distracted numerous drivers. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone serve or hit their breaks or otherwise freak out when that flash goes off. People think they missed an ambulance, or they think it is head lights flashing at them from a car they missed that is about to hit them. The distracting flashes aside, All I see the cameras doing is making people stomp on the gas to get through the intersection on yellow, which has caused people to almost rear end the person in front of them multiple times. OR people slamming on their brakes and stopping short of the stop bar so they don't get their picture taken, which has almost cause numerous collisions. They have only been there for what, a week or so, and I have personally seen a dozen near misses already.
I've seen people distracted by the flash you speak of, and it's true, people have almost wrecked because of it. I remember reading that they were removed in other states because people kept fighting it in court.

Quick Reply: Red Light Cameras go into effect in Tampa on 1 October