General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

florida's best import car scene?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 AM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

miami > tampa/orlando > jacksonville/gainesville

as far as overall scene. miami has the crazy islanders that swap ridiculous stuff and have cars that are straight wicked. orlando has probably the best domestic scene, or did, in years past. the fastest street car is still in lakeland tho
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
is a legend.

too much jegs up here in orlando y0!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by dan
the fastest street car is still in lakeland tho
I agree with this statment lol
Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
call me Gangsta boo

Originally Posted by Steez
West Palm.
You see more high school kids with primer in Tampa.

College kids with add-on's in Orlando.

Miami has the $$$$$

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for a while. I love the scene in the area and north into West Palm.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

^theres almost no primer in tampa anymore, all the kids that were here since they were 16 are stepping up what they are doing, getting paint, building the motors etc.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by StrictlyBusiness
You obviously dont see what I was getting at, Ok 2 people go to school both being able to go for whatever they want. One chooses to go all out business man and the other wants to be able to open his own shop, After school one makes $500,000 and the other makes $50,000, just because the first guy makes more then the next it doesnt mean he is more successful when compared to the other guy because granted he only makes 50k a year but thats what HE wanted to do and end result in his eyes he is successful
To start off, I don't know where you got your numbers from, as you didn't even specify if they were yearly or what. Right out of school, nobody is making $500K/year. $50K is more reasonable for the guy with the MBA.

First of all, the second guy didn't go to school if all he wants to be is a mechanic, besides maybe a tech school for a year or two at the most. Secondly, he's going to be doing bitch work like changing oil and alignments until he's 30, and he's going to hate working on cars at this point. He's going to be living a pretty frugal life if he's got enough saved up from this to open up a shop.

If instead, like most mechanics, he fucking hates working on cars or being near them at this point (as most mechanics do by the time they are in their late 20s), then he's going to have to start from the bottom as a high school graduate because all he's qualified to do is be a mechanic. At this point, the guy with the degree is about 4-8 years into his field. He's making anywhere from $50K/year (if he's not particularly picky or hasn't been aiming high enough) to $100K, and more is not unlikely if he's the go-getter type, got a good break, or just worked his ass off. From here, assuming he's in his late 20s, same as the mechanic, he can do whatever the hell he wants, pretty much. As a matter of fact, he can open his own shop and it will last much longer than the other guy because he's a better businessman.

Long story short, $50K/year isn't very much, at all, and working a shitty job for a decade to reach that payment as a dream is going to leave someone very disappointed, not to mention the chances of that shop lasting are VERY poor. How many local shops around here are owned by former mechanics that never had any college? How many shops have been around for more than a decade?

Nice dream. Everyone else on TR shares it with you. If you think you're going to be just as well off "in your eyes" as someone with a degree making 6 figures, then you're kidding yourself. If you think running a shop is something anyone with a high school degree can do, then you're kidding yourself.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 AM

as far as overall scene. miami has the crazy islanders that swap ridiculous stuff and have cars that are straight wicked. orlando has probably the best domestic scene, or did, in years past. the fastest street car is still in lakeland tho

than thats all i wanted to know cuz im going to move to jax
Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Mark G

Originally Posted by RITZ7
too much jegs up here in orlando y0!
it's straight rice here, unless you're actually going to good spots
Old 09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by dan

It better be a 8 second Viper.ALOT of full interior cars are getting close to 8's and 100% streetable in several brands.Technology is wicked.....
Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 PM

i think ocala has the best scene

lol

not

Quick Reply: florida's best import car scene?