General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds

Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuck the police!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:49 PM

How do you or them determine how loud your car is supposed to be stock if it's an older car?

I never heard my car with all the stock exhaust as it had rusted away 15 years earlier. I'd be curious of how loud it actually was.

My Project
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 AM

As stated before, if it's not obnoxious, don't worry about it, and you won't get ticketed. If it's modified at all, it's probably louder than stock and they have the right to ticket you. Your exhaust rusting to pieces isn't an excuse to break the law. It's up to you to replace it with an OEM or quieter exhaust. Generally, regardless of make, if it's modified but not flashy or very loud, you're gonna be fine, but just about everyone on this website breaks this law daily, so just know we're in a risky hobby.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
FiLiPiNO BLOOD

whats the average ticket cost for someone who's exhaust is louder than stock & for a vehicle thats missing muffler tips?

After paying for the ticket, are you forced to replace the exhaust? or can you keep the same exhaust and continue risking more tickets?
JL W7 AUDIO SUBS 10" & 13" see thread
DJ Turntables & Mixer See Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Exclamation

Oh well nobody likes speeding tickets as well as exhaust tickets.
If you can do something about the speed I'm pretty sure you can also
do something with the exhaust too. I haven't been getting any exhaust
tickets since I got dodge catalytic converter
Old 09-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Nick

i have never got a ticket or even a warning for my exhaust. been pulled over twice for other things and the cop never said anything about exhaust. i have my cats removed and flowmaster mufflers. its loud.lol.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by angelR82
If You Have An Import You Get A Ticket For Loud Exhaust If You Have A Domestic Or Clasic Chevy Or For And Even Do Your Exhaust Explodes Every Ear Drum Within A Mile Radious You Don Get A Ticke Becassue Old Fart Cops Like Them If The Cops Like Your Ride You Have A Higher Chance Of Getting A Way With A Ticket And I Have Had Both And Never Got A Ticket With A Domestic Car But With 86 Corolla I Got 2 And My Accord Wagon I Got 1 Never Got One On My Chevys

MY OPINION ONLY!!!
Cops like my car but i dont have an aftermarket exhaust.. i was thikning about flowmasters real soon but now that i read this im thinking different but it wont be REAL REAL loud so im not going to worry 2 much
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by m260gt
i have never got a ticket or even a warning for my exhaust. been pulled over twice for other things and the cop never said anything about exhaust. i have my cats removed and flowmaster mufflers. its loud.lol.
4.6 liter engine??? i was going to do the same thing have cats taken off, with 40 series flowmasters i know of a few with my kinda car setup like that with no trouble from officers (crown victoria).. but i'll leave the cats if i get flowmasters im not even into the noise that much as long as it has a little v8 hum 2 it
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 PM

lol, an cops mess with the "imports" more because the majority of the people that drive them are mid/late teens.. and there's a image that cars that r fast r supposed to be v8's/muscle cars , not ur pizza delivery car with a science project as exhaust... i was driving last night around midnight and seen at least about 5 "imports" but most likely ricers driving fast as hell and there were 2 that were racing each other how fuckin dumb... they get the bad attention due to the majority of people tha tdrive them... and for the people that dont fuck around it sucks... i get pulled over in my car because cops think im a drug dealer i think/once in a while my system (but cops give me breaks on it) , but that doesn't affect me 1 bit because im clean... and i've gotten a few compliments by cops about my car so it makes me feel better...

and another thing, always be friendly to the cops... if your not friendly they're always gonna fuck with you no matter what, and if u fuck with one they do tell other cops about what kind of car and how muc hof an asshole u were, and they'll get u on dumbshit later down the road,, trust me... if ur an asshole once to a cop, ur going to be fucked with later on for a while.....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:46 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Originally Posted by samakaballer
lol, an cops mess with the "imports" more because the majority of the people that drive them are mid/late teens.. and there's a image that cars that r fast r supposed to be v8's/muscle cars , not ur pizza delivery car with a science project as exhaust... i was driving last night around midnight and seen at least about 5 "imports" but most likely ricers driving fast as hell and there were 2 that were racing each other how fuckin dumb... they get the bad attention due to the majority of people tha tdrive them... and for the people that dont fuck around it sucks... i get pulled over in my car because cops think im a drug dealer i think/once in a while my system (but cops give me breaks on it) , but that doesn't affect me 1 bit because im clean... and i've gotten a few compliments by cops about my car so it makes me feel better...

and another thing, always be friendly to the cops... if your not friendly they're always gonna fuck with you no matter what, and if u fuck with one they do tell other cops about what kind of car and how muc hof an asshole u were, and they'll get u on dumbshit later down the road,, trust me... if ur an asshole once to a cop, ur going to be fucked with later on for a while.....
Didn't you get banned?

-Winston Churchill

Quick Reply: Guns and Ammo is hidden in other stuff for sale the classifieds