General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Audi is kicking a$$

Old 09-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Off The Grid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi is kicking a$$

If it's old news, I dont care.

INGOLSTADT, Germany - Audi is proud to present a world first – the first twelve-cylinder diesel engine in a series passenger car. This six-liter V12 makes its debut in the Audi Q7. It produces a colossal 500 hp and 738 ft.-lbs. of torque. With this engine Audi has opened a new chapter in diesel history.

The V12 TDI is reminiscent of the engine featured in the new R10 Le Mans racing car – it catapults the driving performance of the Audi Q7 into the echelons of top-class sports cars. The car sprints from 0 to 62 mph in just 5.5 seconds, and has an electronically governed top speed of 155 mph. Maximum torque is available from just 1,750 rpm. The high-tech diesel engine, with the world’s first 29,000 psi Bosch Common Rail system, provides the high-performance Audi SUV with superior power reserves in any situation. The impressive sound of the new Audi is provided by the ultra-modern piezo-injection system. The V12 TDI transmits this power through a new six-speed tiptronic gearbox to the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system.

Although the V12 TDI belongs to the Audi V-engine family, this model features a special cylinder angle of 60° – perfect for this engine type. Apart from the light and highly durable crankcase, a further highlight is the new chain drive assembly. This includes the two newly developed high-pressure pumps in the common rail injection system.

Up to 29,000 psi of pressure is kept within the twelve piezo injectors – a further technological breakthrough. Both performance and efficiency are optimised by this high injection pressure, and the running smoothness also remains excellent. Exhaust emissions are also low. The twin-turbo V12 TDI conforms to the Euro 5 emissions class which should come into force in 2010. Fuel consumption is nearly 20 mpg. With the high-tech twelve-cylinder engine using TDI technology, the diesel pioneers at Audi have opened new horizons in motoring.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 AM
aspiring luder

looks like a cross between a bimmer and a caliber

looks mean though, well, is mean with that engine, this is news to me
Old 09-12-2006, 07:34 AM
187 Racing

audi is junk. soon as that engine is over its 50k mile warranty watch out.

thats goes as well as for bmw and mercedes.

im not saying there cars arnt good looking just saying there cars arnt reliable.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 AM

Your kidding right? Unreliable my ass. We just sold a BMW 325e 1987 convertable with 289,000 miles that was on its original motor.

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."
Buddha
Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
No

Originally Posted by SpoofRocket

im not saying there cars arnt good looking just saying there cars arnt reliable.

you drive a ford...of course you would know about stuff being unreliable
Old 09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by SpoofRocket

LEt me get this straight....You drive a Mustang and you're calling some of the top auto names junk?

Oh, by the way. Deisel engines tend to last for a VERY long time. Hence the reason semis drive for almost a million miles before needing an overhauling. Thats right, I said million.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by BAMF; 09-12-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
The Boss

Hmmm if this engine is going to be unreliable then how is it that the Audi R10 that runs nearly the same damn thing is kicking every other manufacturer's ass in every road-endurance race in the world????

It will kick-ass, and it looks like it can eat most of the other Euro-SUVs out there.

"I'm the one that killed Monday, whooped Tuesday and put Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the hospital." - Dolemite
Old 09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

Audi > all If you all like it so much, buy one. Il be driving my car wile you get an appointment for a warrantee issue.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Shake n' Bake

Originally Posted by Projekt
you drive a ford...of course you would know about stuff being unreliable

Old 09-12-2006, 05:03 PM
No

Originally Posted by Road Rage
not quite sure what you mean by that?

just in case you try to talk about my car, i never said mine was reliable nor did i say it was any better...just so theres no argument