Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

HELP!!! Thermostat Heater Control (THTRC) Circuit Failure OBDII code P1432

Old 03-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Thermostat Heater Control (THTRC) Circuit Failure OBDII code P1432

I was driving down the other day when my check engine light came on. The car wasn't overheating or anything so I kept on going and stopped at an Autozone. I had them pull the code which was P1432. I got home and looked it up. The code stands for this "Thermostat Heater Control (THTRC) Circuit Failure". I don't know what the hell that is to begin with. I need your help, anybody.... i am taking a long trip this friday (1400) round trip and i need to know if this is something dumb like a ground fault or something or somethign serious and the thermostat is messed up. If anyone knows about this can you please let me know.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:30 PM

Oh sorry.... the car is a 2001 Ford Ranger and the engine is the 4cyl 2.3L
Old 03-03-2009, 08:39 AM

Default P1432 code

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT with a 4.3 and unfortunatly live in North Carolina that runs an emission control test on all vehicles for air quality. However! I still fail to realize what in the hell a thermostate heater control has to do with air quality. Anyway look under the hood on the left side as you are facing the vehicle and locate the blower mounted on the firewall (Easy to get at). Just below the blower you will locate a device with a plug on it. The piece is mounted on with 2x8mm bolts. Note! pull the bolts first and then disconnect the harness (easier that way). When you have the piece out you will notice 3 different sizes wires spun and one resistor. This piece cost around $30 and easy to get at. If it does not appear burned in anyway check the connectors on the back side for corrosion. Also ensure that no foreign matter has gotten down into the blower from the top as this may cause a short or reduce the voltage that is being passed. There where absolutly no problems with the vehicle performance or the heater performance, but this piece did cause the dummy light to come on in my vehicle. Hope this helps. Also you will have to get the stupid light reset and drive for 50 to 60 miles to ensure the light stays off. If I had not needed to get mine inspected then there was no need to get mine fixed.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 AM

Sorry I typed a 4 istead of a 2. Mine is a 4 cyl 2.3L engine.