another pleased customer...with some questions

Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another pleased customer...with some questions

got my trans back from darkside a few days ago. so far im extremely pleased. it shifts fine and everything seems to be working correctly. doesnt leak or grind or make any weird noises. but i have a question about the shift linkage. i have brand new shift linakge in my car...but it has alot of slack in it. i have solid bushing in the ends that connect to the trans. but there is still a good bit of slack. in 1,3,5 shifts fine but theres slack in 2,4,r. i think its the circled part in the attached image. and i was wondering if anybody makes modified or stronger than stock shift linkage. cause this is the 3rd new cable ive been through lol. or if theres a way i could modify this one to keep that circled part from sliding out. (p.s. that isnt my linkage...its just a google image i got for reference.) anybodys input is greatly appreciate. thanks guys

Skyvia - The Best of Both Worlds
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Throwback

You might have the incorrect cable bracket for your transmission. The bracket determines the angle of the shift cables in relation to the selecter. If the angle is not correct it will cause premature failure of the cables.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:09 PM

That didn't even cross my mind. Ill try and get a different bracket from a junkyard and see if that helps out any.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Throwback

Was that the issue? How's the tranmission?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM

I'm pretty sure it was that bracket. I changed it out but haven't had a chance to get a new cable yet. And so far the transmision is flawless. It hasn't made any abnormal noises or grinded a gear yet.