This is getting rediculous!

Old 02-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question This is getting rediculous!

All i want is some answers and nobody seems to be able to give them to me. ive tried calling drew...no answer. left voicemails..but never gotten a call back. posted on this forum...but my post got deleted. alls i wanna know is what is the deal with my transmission??? its been at darkside for 2 months now and i havent heard anything at all from drew or anybody else. they built it. promised it would hold more hp than im making. it broke, i took it back. they said they were gonna fix it. but all they have done is ignore me. im not trying to flame darkside. but this has gone to far. can somebody from darkside performance PLEASE!! contact me and let me know what the hell the deal is. or atleast pick up when i call. ive been as patient as possible but im tired of waiting. i understand youve been very busy lately but you seem to find time to inform other people about their vehicles. so why have i been ignored so much?

Skyvia - The Best of Both Worlds
Old 02-02-2010, 12:53 PM

They have been super busy and im sure that your trans will be done soon.

lots of trans parts have been on back order. I had to wait 3months to get a dumass syncro for my trans.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:00 PM

i dont mind having to wait for it to get fixed. its the fact that they have been ignoring me completely for 2 months straight that is pissing me off. i took it to them in good faith the first time because so many people on here praise darkside. and i was let down horribly many times and now they arent wanting to stand behind their work.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Throwback

The reason I have not completed your transmission is due to the slander you leave on my forum. DD (mod) deleted the post (I was not aware till now) made by Jason. The post basically said, "you built me a transmission that is a piece of shit and it grinds 2nd after 90 days of use. I need you to fix it now".

While I am not denying that the transmission is now grinding, and agreed to help you out as per our phone conversation 6 weeks ago. I agreed to do this to keep my name clean, not because I am obligated to warranty the transmission.

You brought me a transmission that had almost zero usable parts, including the case/bellhousing. I sold you a new case, good used gears, hubs, sliders, new forks, new synchros, new seals, welded diff, at an extremely reasonable rate.

http://darksideturbo.com/img/tran/tran1.jpg
http://darksideturbo.com/img/tran/tran2.jpg

This is your transmission before it left ^ I have pictures of all of your new parts still in the Mitsubishi bags too, just not on this computer. I take pictures for people not close enough to come and see for themselves during the installation. I want people to know they get what they pay for.

Now let's talk about the conversation we had during the follow up call I gave you a few weeks after you had the transmission. "The transmission was a little notchy at first like you said, but after 50 miles it just dropped into gear. I didn't know a transmission could shift like that. I ran it though the gears with the NO LIFT TO SHIFT and it didn't miss a beat."

I don't care that you whet out and beat the snot out of the trans, that's why we built it. I really intended to help you with the problem, my fault or not. I didn't plan on charging labor and was going to give you any used parts it needed that I had in stock - regardless of who was at fault. My intent was to keep my name clean.

Then the slander happens.

The problem is that your first 3 post on TR all had negative connotation to my shop. You never bothered to mention how happy you where. Here is why this is important. I did not install the transmission. I do not know the condition of your clutch, master, slave, fork, pedal assembly, release bearing, fluid type or level, dowel pins, linkage or anything else involved in transmission control. Why should I warranty something that I cannot verify was installed professionally. What would Shep Trans, Jack Trans, or TRE do in my situation? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is no warranty in racing, yet I still agreed to help you. And why? To keep Darkside in good light.

I don't advertise at all, this is my only occupation, I run the shop on personal finance, no loans, no corporate backing, I own everything you see in the shop outright. I am only able to do this because my customers have trust in my shop and character. I dare you to find another shop that operates as honestly and cheaply as we do. Let alone has the knowledge.

Due to the large and sustained increase in shop volume, compounded with things in my personal life I fell far behind. I take responsibility for this and have taken the correct steps to more forward. These are growing pains for the business, I am truly sorry any of my customers have suffered because of it. I am not a perfect person or shop but I do own up to my actions, this is another reason I took your words so personally.

With all of that being said, you have 2 options.

Act like a real person in my forum, instead of a typical TR flamer. I will hold up my end of the deal as per our conversation. We can resolve our issues, and continue business now and in the future.

or

You can continue to disrespect me however you see fit, and pick up the pile of parts you call a transmission.

You call it.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 PM

thanks you for contacting me. shared_pm has been sent

Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by Skip
The reason I have not completed your transmission is due to the slander you leave on my forum. DD (mod) deleted the post (I was not aware till now) made by Jason. The post basically said, "you built me a transmission that is a piece of shit and it grinds 2nd after 90 days of use. I need you to fix it now".

While I am not denying that the transmission is now grinding, and agreed to help you out as per our phone conversation 6 weeks ago. I agreed to do this to keep my name clean, not because I am obligated to warranty the transmission.

You brought me a transmission that had almost zero usable parts, including the case/bellhousing. I sold you a new case, good used gears, hubs, sliders, new forks, new synchros, new seals, welded diff, at an extremely reasonable rate.

http://darksideturbo.com/img/tran/tran1.jpg
http://darksideturbo.com/img/tran/tran2.jpg

This is your transmission before it left ^ I have pictures of all of your new parts still in the Mitsubishi bags too, just not on this computer. I take pictures for people not close enough to come and see for themselves during the installation. I want people to know they get what they pay for.

Now let's talk about the conversation we had during the follow up call I gave you a few weeks after you had the transmission. "The transmission was a little notchy at first like you said, but after 50 miles it just dropped into gear. I didn't know a transmission could shift like that. I ran it though the gears with the NO LIFT TO SHIFT and it didn't miss a beat."

I don't care that you whet out and beat the snot out of the trans, that's why we built it. I really intended to help you with the problem, my fault or not. I didn't plan on charging labor and was going to give you any used parts it needed that I had in stock - regardless of who was at fault. My intent was to keep my name clean.

Then the slander happens.

The problem is that your first 3 post on TR all had negative connotation to my shop. You never bothered to mention how happy you where. Here is why this is important. I did not install the transmission. I do not know the condition of your clutch, master, slave, fork, pedal assembly, release bearing, fluid type or level, dowel pins, linkage or anything else involved in transmission control. Why should I warranty something that I cannot verify was installed professionally. What would Shep Trans, Jack Trans, or TRE do in my situation? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is no warranty in racing, yet I still agreed to help you. And why? To keep Darkside in good light.

I don't advertise at all, this is my only occupation, I run the shop on personal finance, no loans, no corporate backing, I own everything you see in the shop outright. I am only able to do this because my customers have trust in my shop and character. I dare you to find another shop that operates as honestly and cheaply as we do. Let alone has the knowledge.

Due to the large and sustained increase in shop volume, compounded with things in my personal life I fell far behind. I take responsibility for this and have taken the correct steps to more forward. These are growing pains for the business, I am truly sorry any of my customers have suffered because of it. I am not a perfect person or shop but I do own up to my actions, this is another reason I took your words so personally.

With all of that being said, you have 2 options.

Act like a real person in my forum, instead of a typical TR flamer. I will hold up my end of the deal as per our conversation. We can resolve our issues, and continue business now and in the future.

or

You can continue to disrespect me however you see fit, and pick up the pile of parts you call a transmission.

You call it.
Well said, and most others would have wiped their hands clean at this point and told him to pick up his parts and screw off. Drew your a damn straight up guy and regardless of situation that demands respect.

The counsel is pleased
Darkside FTW

Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Throwback

Jason wrote to me in a PM

[QUOTE=AWD4g63;7484471sorry for the attitude towards you and your shop...
ive been through alot of stress lately and i dont deal with it well and im sorry for letting myself direct it towards you and your shop.

but to my knowledge everything transmission related is in good working order. slave and master have less than 5k miles and the clutch has under 10k. its all oem mitsubishi parts aswell..not autozone junk. same with the t/o bearing. so i wouldnt think any of that would of caused this problem but i cant say for sure because im not even sure exactly what went wrong with it.

and i was/am extremely happy with the work that you did on the transmission. i have no problems with your work. the only part of this whole situation that i have a problem with is getting ignored by everybody.

and im not looking for a free fix here. im fine with helping out financially on any parts i may need. i know theres no warranty and i really appreciate you standing behind your work.[/QUOTE]

We all get stressed out, such is life. I am not trying to place blame on you for the transmission failure. Those are just things I things I think about anytime someone has transmission issues, regardless if it was built here or not. You are very wise to use OEM parts. I sent you a PM.

Thanks for choosing option number 1
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Master of the cut-off T'S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reasons like this is why I keep going to DarkSide. I have money coming back from Taxes and when those $43.09 come in, I'm going to DarkSide baby!! lol

"If you don't set goals for yourself, you are
doomed to work to achieve the goals of
someone else."

Women might be able to fake orgasms but us men can fake a whole relationship.

V-TEC = Virtually-Torqueless Economic Cars
(PROG) Crew member #5

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

O RLY?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by Flaco_GST
Reasons like this is why I keep going to DarkSide. I have money coming back from Taxes and when those $43.09 come in, I'm going to DarkSide baby!! lol
I know they got the cheapest prices in town but damn... $43.09... The hell with the dollar menu, I'm going to Darkside!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Resident TOB Killer

I've never personally dealt with Darkside, but it's always good to hear about local guys standing behind their work. Kudos!