If you want your car fixed right... DARKSIDE is the word

Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you want your car fixed right... DARKSIDE is the word

I am making this post to thank you Drew and Z at Darkside Performance. There are awesome people and amazing techs. They charge very, and i am talking VERY reasonable prices. It is a smaller shop but they have all they need there. Drew has years of experience working as a mechanic, but now decided to work on his own. He is very knowledgeable and easy going. I asked him many stupid questions, I was kind of noob when it came to FI. And he was very professional at all times. Here is the story how i bought a boosted s2k with some issues and the previous owner did not change the oil pump at the time of the build to save a few $$$. The oil pressure gauge was not hooked up yet and when the stock dummy oil light came up it was too late, when I towed the car to the shop it was registering 10PSI of oil pressure at 2k vs like 30PSI needed. Therefore the bearing was spun and the block scored and pistons were scratched as well, the owner had a Laskey racing block and ported head, CR pistons and Eagle rods, so to get that rebuild again would of set me back a few grand, the goal was for a car to make 450WHP. And we decided to get a stock AP1 longblock and add the 3mm gasket. While the motor was out and we replaced the clutch disk with ACT HD instead of 6 puck for better DD. 3 month later and few grand short, the was back all together and ready for a tune. Drew is AEM factory trained tech, he knows AEM in and out. We took it to Pete's Shop to use the dyno.
Drew managed to make 445WHP and 293WTQ on 14PSI. Running on a rich side for safety. Darkside Performance are mostly known in the 4G63 community for their crazy builds. But they have done mane S2ks, you can not beat their clutch job pricing. If you need some help or just got any questions feel free to call Drew at 727-678-8020. You can txt either and if no answer just leave a voice mail. Reception sucks at the shop.
Here are some pics: