8/15 results

Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8/15 results

For all of us that were fortunate enough to race this weekend, throw up your results, class, and track.

I know alot of people arent familiar with kart racing, but i had one hell of a time last night. So we dont have a suspension. No shocks or springs. We do however have a weight jacker on the left rear, that allows us to adjust the cross (wedge). Well we had made some adjustments before heading to the track and some idiot (me) forgot to tighten up the allen bolts in the weight jacker. In the first practice we had a carb issue. It would flood when you held it on the floor... So we missed the second practice fixing that. The 3rd practice, we had a lil help in getting sideways....

Apparently, when we were helped around in the 3rd practice the allen bolts in my weight jacker wiggled there way out. In the heat race started second row inside. Was running well till the first corner... It was like riding on ice!
I ended up holding on to 6th coming off 4.

The heat winners rolled a 6, which meant we invert the first 6 rows, so guess who starting on the poll. With all the bolts missing from the weight jacker, and no spare available. We wrenched it all the way down, and just hoped that it would stay outta the wall. We still have to throw it on the scales today to find out how much wedge is actually in it.

Feature race came out and i jumped out and stayed out. Was a bit tight tho!. Not much fun bouncing thru corners with a ride that has no suspension. We do alot of drafting and thats basically how i was able to stay up front for so long. Another 3 or 4 laps and i might have kept the top 5. As it stands, i led every lap after the 1st restart. The guy running second put a nose under me going into 3 and beat me in the drag race to the checkered coming off 4. 2nd place isnt to bad when it was obvious to everyone that i was holding up the show.

Next race is in 3 weeks at auburndale. Some new bolts, and a fresh engine and we'll see what happens.

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 PM

No one else raced this past weekend?

Tampa Bay Rotary Owners Club Member # 4
Team Decep!
you never saw it coming
Old 08-18-2009, 04:20 AM
Once Ruled The World .l..