The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

2008 Perros Update Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Captain Catastrophe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Perros Update Thread

What up old schoolers.

Haven't posted in a while, decided to see what you guys have been up to.

I spent most of my 2007 traveling for work non-stop as usual, moved to Town & Country area and vacationed a bit here and there.

Starting a new job in 08, managing a Craftsman Truck team...my first venture into NASCAR, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be based out of Tampa mainly for the first time in like 3 years, so I'm going to try and actually hang out with some of you guys or something one of these days.

I guess that's about it, what are you guys all up to?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

Congrats again bro!

Same ol' same ol' for me... I gotta get out and make that cheddah.

I bought my first (investment) house in August with my girlfriend, totally renovated it and are currently renting it out.

Got a puppy named Reesey, check my TF page for a pic.

Took up cycling, and will hopefully do my first triathlon in April of '08

Won a Nintendo Wii from MJ and sold it for $350 and got one for Christmas from my mom.

shit like that.

Last edited by Tom; 01-03-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Captain Catastrophe

Oh and I'm hooked on Nintendo Wii
Old 01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
TR Registered Member #5

im glad you got your job with the team, now remember what i said!

Work has been good for me. when i moved out here it was crazy busy out of town madness, but it has been slower on travel since the racing season is over. March starts up the madness once again and I am probably already going to be out of town 3 weekends of march

besides that, life has been good. i took up skiing, have 3 days under my belt so far and by the end of the 3rd i was going down intermediate slopes pretty well. I really like it. Last time I went was 2 days before xmas, and it was warm enough to ski in pants and a short sleeve shirt.

personal life has been well too. i have been dating pretty frequently. I have been dating this damn fine chinese girl thats 24 that lives in an apartment in downtown LA. Its pretty baller. It use to be an old subway building central office in the 30s, but now its all renovated like the shit you see at the high end apartment buildings in the movies. Her family is loaded and she is a JR at Otis, which is this REALLY well known fashion design school in LA.

The other cool thing is that she also owns a 350z (with 19" volks too) and is a car girl, she gets totally turned on when i drive aggressively. I have been staying up at her place on most free weekends. The drive isnt too bad, 1 hour flat if the traffic isnt bad.

Besides that all is well, still drifting the Z from time to time (just put on a set of azenis 615s yesterday) and eagerly waiting for my 510 to be done, which should be by the 1st of Feb (still in Tampa) My 240 will either be getting a free LS1 from GMPP or a crate motor from Dart, turbo or supercharged - more like whoever wants to give me the product for free)

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

i've been skiing too, i love it... i'm also at about 3~ days of experience too. I got some ski boots on sale last summer and I have yet to try them out. I am going to try to get out sometime before the middle of Feb. I'm hooked too Mark! lol
Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
TR Registered Member #5

i can be skiing in 2.5 hrs

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
lol @ tampa

Hmmm, new with me.... not a lot.

Not dating anyone right now and don't want to. Girls tend to distract me from my goals.

In the process of starting a new business. Will be hiring dj's and throwing shows throughout 2008. Got lots of good ideas and should be pretty profitable.

Haven't done much with the Evo except tweak the stereo here and there. I've had cams for it for over a year sitting in my bed room. Kind of burned out on my normal routine right now and am looking for something new to take up my time, so I'm going to go and modify the Evo some more. By mid year I hope to add a BMW to the garage and relegate the Evo to part time status.

Considering a trip to Europe in the summer, depending on how my business venture goes.

|Full color business cards||flyers||postcards||more|
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 AM
No Ants Drift Member

same diff day...

my weddings in 1 month just about and we still dont have to invites out! YIKES!!

shop got broken into.. twice. i couldnt financially recover and had to close down and get a job at XAT. i hate it. im not making ANY money and have to sell off all my toys in order to get by... but i have something else in the works, we'll see how it goes.

i havent had a car worth driving aggressively in over a year. its killing me.

thats about it.

hahaha i just realized...

when my life was filled with making lots of money and owning fast cars, i had a sea-beasty whore for a girlfriend. now that i have an amazing woman, i dont make any money and i drive a POS auto 240.

HAHAHAHA

i cant win for losing
Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

well my job here will be ending in January or maybe not pending who cries the loudest to keep me on

my boss may be moving over to Dubai to take on a position with a very established company and i may go with him to continue on as his assistant so that is all very scary and exciting at the same time

i am also addicted to Wii

the BF and i are doing well after a year and however long and happy and all that stuff and maybe if i don't move to Dubai I'll be moving to the other coast ... in the meantime we are just enjoying life and cars and friends and travel

i am still autox'ing and just got the crx up and running after a year but still he sleeps in the garage. just went to a autox event yesterday with my hatch in Palm Bay and did very well. second fastest of the ladies and placed 5th out of 7 when I rolled up into Street Mod from Street Mod Ladies which wasn't bad at all considering the cars in that class.

i took on the BMW Newsletter because I belong to the club even though I don't own one I run with the autox guys enough that they said join. so that has kept me busy and i get to meet a lot of the members and go to shops and interview people.

Kyle congrats to you on your new venture!

Taylor it was great to run into you and hear all the happy things going on for you!

Mark wish I could have seen you when you were out but as always happy to hear you are doing well.

John hopefully one weekend I'll be able to make it over to the Amp. If you do a week night event maybe even then.

Tom congrats on the renovation my neighbor has been working on a 2 story forever and a day

Here is to a great 08!

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 01-07-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Team Geritol Racing

What's new with me?

I haven't died yet...nor have I grown up yet.