The Champagne Room Members Only Forum

2008 Perros Update Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
red ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still fat, old and not dead and most of you have no clue who I am

I am still married and happy, my son is 13monthold and got his first "car" it's a backyardagains power wheels he loves driving it while standing up.

Still working as the service manager at 4wheelparts in tampa. I like working in the aftermarket aposed to dealerships and the company that owns us treats us great. Ill be damned if ill ever figure out why anyoen would want to drive a lifted truck ever day but thank god someone does! i do wish i did soem real performance work sometimes but it's hard to walk away from sucha great company.

The car stuff has been a little stagnet. aaron and i still have the gutted 90 laser drag car but havn't been to the track in like 3 months> We are planing on going to the next sat t&t to try and get the #2 stock turbo spot on the dsm times list then we are going to sell/ part it out. i want to do something
i can drive on the street. what that is im not sure it changes on a weekly basis. Right now im thinking about a 2.3 turbo mustang.I can't kick the turbo 4 cylinder habbit but I do dwant to try soemthing different.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 AM
No Ants Drift Member

nice to hear from the redass every now and then!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
red ass

Originally Posted by Durdan
same diff day...

my weddings in 1 month just about and we still dont have to invites out! YIKES!!

shop got broken into.. twice. i couldnt financially recover and had to close down and get a job at XAT. i hate it. im not making ANY money and have to sell off all my toys in order to get by... but i have something else in the works, we'll see how it goes.

i havent had a car worth driving aggressively in over a year. its killing me.

thats about it.

hahaha i just realized...

when my life was filled with making lots of money and owning fast cars, i had a sea-beasty whore for a girlfriend. now that i have an amazing woman, i dont make any money and i drive a POS auto 240.

HAHAHAHA

i cant win for losing
I still come to the site every , Ijust don't post much.

wedding IN a month and broke, that sounds about right..lol. Sorry to hear about the shop. I hate hearing shit like that!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
madpom

work work and more work weekends more work
still driving busted 240's have no time to mess with body work and paint to get it where i want it

then in early to mid march moving to england to hang out with family befor it's to late since i have no here
and time to get a career and life on track
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
drives euro trash

2007 was a hell of a year:

- Suzy and I got married. Our one year anniversary is coming up on the 20th.

- Went through a few cars again. Ditched the piece of shit '07 Focus for a new '07 Rabbit. The wife is now daily driving the Rabbit...we both love that car (I'll be a VW owner for life). I am daily driving my '84 SSP Mustang which I bought in March of 2007 (I'll still be a mullet Ford owner for life).

- Spent tons of money on the forementioned Mustang. New motor is being assembled on my back porch. My storage unit is filled with TONS of suspension parts, brakes, wheels, and other misc parts. All this will be installed this year. Hopefully a new paint job will come too.

- Took up mountain biking and spent way too much money on a new rig. I plan on competing in the Squiggy men's solo mountain bike race this spring. Hoping to get into good enough shape to start competing in local Florida XC races. I'm also looking into adventure racing.

- As far as career goes...I can't say that I love what I do but it is an interesting job. Last year I was promoted to a Supervisor position and oversee/approve claim payments for our Florida PD claims department of approx 40 adjusters.

The upcoming year should be interesting. Plan to pay off most of my debt and start to build a Spec Focus weekend racer (it will eventually pull triple duty in autocross, Spec Rally, and Spec Focus).

Last edited by Alan; 01-10-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
drives euro trash

Originally Posted by Durdan
same diff day...

my weddings in 1 month just about and we still dont have to invites out! YIKES!!

shop got broken into.. twice. i couldnt financially recover and had to close down and get a job at XAT. i hate it. im not making ANY money and have to sell off all my toys in order to get by... but i have something else in the works, we'll see how it goes.

i havent had a car worth driving aggressively in over a year. its killing me.

thats about it.

hahaha i just realized...

when my life was filled with making lots of money and owning fast cars, i had a sea-beasty whore for a girlfriend. now that i have an amazing woman, i dont make any money and i drive a POS auto 240.

HAHAHAHA

i cant win for losing
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Sorry to hear about everything else.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by emodsm
I am still married and happy, my son is 13monthold and got his first "car" it's a backyardagains power wheels he loves driving it while standing up.
Is it the go kart?? I got my 17mo a backyardagains go kart for christmas! I cant keep him off the thing!!

Not to much new for me either. I stay at home with Christian and I love it. Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happend to me. He is simply amazing.

Jeremy and I have almost been married for 2 years and it has flown by. My life is very busy keeping up with Christian and the business side of Jeremys business. I sold my camaro a few months ago, hoping to get another car after my silverado is paid off in a few months.

Congrats to everyone who got/is getting married! That is so exciting.

Angela- I am jealous, I would LOVE to just travel to Dubai!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by shalane
Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happend to me. He is simply amazing.
go Shalane

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 PM
flatfish

Glad to see everyone doing well.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Just Ledoux it!

Lemme see here...

Got into a house about two years ago, and have been losing money steadily ever since. The market was so hot here, bidding wars were breaking out over 200,000 1 bedroom condos. I ended up with a heap that is losing money every day. Thank god theres nothing crazy about the loan.

Have a steady girlfriend, almost 3 years together, no ring yet, despite the pressure (Need to graduate first, more on that later), she is a college grad working for a company called Gartner (some of you may have heard of it), she sells IT research, and uses a lot of acronyms.

Have a ford ranger now, 2dr ext cab 2wd. 3.0l gets worse mileage than the blazer, and much slower. My dad gets the same mileage in his f150 as I do in the ranger. No lift, or drop, only audio. I could never make up my mind about what to do with trucks, so I said forget it. No fast cars, no cars in general.

Finally graduating in 104 days, finally. Environmental Studies degree will most likely land me a gig at sears or something. Ha no, just kidding, I'm getting interviews set up in a week or so. Environmental Consulting, hopefully with the guys at Johnson Engineering. Site assessments, water evaluations, testing, enviro-nerd stuff really.

My hockey playing finally is paying off, I am coaching hockey at a local rink 5 days a week. 3 year olds to 13 year olds, everywhere in between. It's good fun and good pay, but I cant do 1099 work the rest of my life, especially as a job involving sports can be so fickle concerning health. I messed my ankle up in a game and I had to miss a few sessions. That = no pay, so if I can get my skates on, I go.

I've done some traveling recently, my Gf's job gives trips away like candy, and even then I've done some short jaunts. NYC, DC, Cancun, Ireland, and on wed. Colorado. I only paid for Ireland and Colorado. Ireland was awesome, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

what else there is to say, Just working hard and keeping on.