The Cellar Archives of interesting, useful, or otherwise entertaining threads. Read only.

tasty pastry(believe me if you want)

Old 07-12-2000, 02:34 PM
gamehen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was enjoying a nice cup of the decaf at the local coffee spot sitting with a good friend of mine shooting the shit and all these yuppies and their porsches vettes and bmws are cruising by .i start to get alittle anxious just sitting their but decide not to play the fool and coutinued my conversation then i spot a striking red diablo he drives bye and im stressing . i tell my buddy why cant i line up with a car like that hes not into cars so he ignores my complaining and we just sit their for another hour then he drives bye again more stress 4 me so we decide to split a little later on . as we are leaving the parking lot he drives by again i go into war mode and im after him. so we are cruising down howard ave and their is 1 car between us we pass swann get to the next light and im right behind him i rev my motor lightly just to let him know i want a gothe light turns green and we are just cruising we pass kennedy and he slips into the right lane i scream yes drop her in 2nd and start creeping
i get right next to him we exchange glances and a second later i hear him get on itin return i smash the go pedal and we are off.
i wind out 2nd slam her into 3rd mid way through 3rd i sneek a peek on my progress and im about 1 car on him into 4th i go and mid way through 4th we had a light i was stoked about race #1 but from a dig my chances seemed small ( i have traction problems)+ he had an sv(awd) but at the same time i knew he wouldnt want to waste a 20k$$$$ tranny. to make a long story short the light turned green i made a decent launchwe were even in first i feather it into 2nd (doesnt help)still spinningbut i start creeping hit 3rd ive got a car on him by early 4th i had a total of 1.5 cars on him.it was over he turned off i was pumped
to say the least my friend was more pumped
it was his first race i told him he just experianced the mother of all racesi then dropped him off home decided not to flex on dale mabryand went home. and yes i know he would have walked me up top.

NS Racing
Old 07-12-2000, 03:16 PM
gamehen

I know enough to believe you dood. Props

------------------
-JG-
Honda S2000
1988 CRX
http://members.aol.com/quickb18c

NS Racing
Old 07-12-2000, 03:36 PM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Wow Damn nice Kill man. Id like to see that car of yours run sometime. Goin to Desoto anytime soon?
Old 07-12-2000, 03:45 PM
gamehen

well to be perfectly honest with you i am in the process of moving to newport RI this week i was gonna leave todaybut i have a lot more loose ends to tie up then i thoughtso now im shooting for fri morning. but if i get more delayed i might run to the track fri or sat to see what she runs. well bye to all my friends ill be in tampa 0nce a month so ill still be around a little but the crx will be enjoying the cold weather of new england

NS Racing
Old 07-13-2000, 01:53 PM
gamehen

[yeah i made a mistake it was a vtnot an sv (sv vt its all to confusing)i knew it was awd because i was their that night on the causeway bridge when we talked to the guy.
thats also why i knew he wouldnt destroy a 20k$$ tranny(because he wouldnt that night) not been to the track yetand to mr scrapinsi yeah i checked out that pikes site im somewhat pumped on the new blood to feast on up theirill still check out this spot while im up theirlater

NS Racing
Old 08-02-2000, 02:24 AM
No Ants Drift Member

1) you have to have atleast an 11 sec crx... doubt it
2) it was a fiero... probably
3) he didnt wish to waste his time or his money racing you... highly probable
4) there was no lambo... very highly probable

i used to havae an 85 GT that i completely worked and it ran 13.4@100mph on street tires and i paired up next to a white diablo in brandon. i had a fair launch but he completly obliterated me. even with my slicks i couldnt have tailed him. gimme a break. im sure he wasnt trying.. he was letting you get the ticket.

Quick Reply: tasty pastry(believe me if you want)