Cars For Sale / Wanted Post ALL Cars For Sale / WTB here except for HONDA and ACURA. No Parts or Honda/Acura Cars...

2005 RX8 6spd

Old 03-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Huzzah!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 RX8 6spd

I'm selling my RX8
It runs and drives great
Recent tune up, plugs, coils, less than 200 miles ago
Cold AC
Engine was replaced once under warranty by dealer, has about 75k on engine 160k on the car.

The only thing wrong is the paint is faded on the roof and trunk.

Clean title in hand

$5000

941-769-3244

Located in North Port, offf exit 179 on I75

THIS IS NOT A CIVIC!!! IF YOU'VE NEVER OWNED A ROTARY CAR PLEASE READ:

Things Every RX8 owner should know (from rx8club):

1. First and most importantly, this car drinks oil. Part of this engine's normal operation is that it injects oil via the Oil Metering Pump (little thing with clear straws by the water pump pulley) into the engine in order to lubricate the engine seals. Why does it do this? Because the size and the shape of the combustion chamber inside the rotary engine is so large that an oiling system from a piston engine is not effective. Oil consumption can range from 1 Liter / 1000 Miles to 1 Liter / 3000 Miles depending on your car and how you drive it, generally redlining the engine will cause more oil consumption, a day at the track could have you drinking 1-2 quarts in a day. It is a bad idea to let your oil get low. This is bad because in this engine, oil is also used as a cooling mechanism for this car. Oil is run through the center of the crankshaft and to two oil coolers on the front of the car that act as radiators. When you let your oil get low you concentrate the heat in a smaller volume of oil, making cooling less effective. Also you concentrate large particulates and sludge inside your engine which may then be injected into the combustion chamber. Keep your engine as close to the fill level as possible.

2. The rotary engine is easier to flood than a normal engine. This is because the shape of the combustion chamber inside the rotary engine, it is much larger than that of a piston engine and requires more fuel to start it up. When shut off prematurely this fuel stays in the engine and makes it difficult for the spark plugs to light off the mixture. If you start up the engine try and get it up to operating temp before shutting it off. If this is not possible due to time constraints rev. the engine to 5K rpms and hold it there for 8-10 seconds then shut it off. Any higher than this for extended periods can overheat and ruin your catalytic converter.

3. The rotary engine is much more sensitive to temperature changes than a piston engine. The precise shape of the operating movement of the rotors inside the housings requires that all dimensions be exact for optimum function. When the engine is heating up the metals used in the engine are expanding (due to heat) to their correct operating dimensions. During this time it is best to keep the engine below 4000 rpms to allow all the metals in the engine to slowly heat up at the same time. After the engine has reached operating temperature the redline is the limit!

4. DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC OIL. Rotaries are a two cycle four stroke, they have a true 4 cycle (combustion event) but unlike a piston 4 cycle engine the rotary only needs one crank shaft revolution to complete its cycle, just like a two stroke piston engine. (see #1)

5. Occasional Aggressive driving is good -- First off its fun, second, it helps prevent carbon buildup in the engine and intake system. Make sure you rev to at least 7500rpm to make sure all the intake valves open. You don't need to redline every start, but once a day is fun and good for the car.

Oh, and please don't attempt the 7000rpm clutch dump launches the magazines did to get their 0-60mph numbers. This is not the aggressive driving that is mentioned above. Its suicide for your clutch and transmission

6. Use only OEM spark plugs -- The RX8 and RX7 use special unique NGK plugs designed for rotary engines. The plugs should be replaced about every 25,000 miles, which is sooner than most piston engines.

7. Check the oil level every other fillup or twice a month -- The rotary engine injects oil to lubricate the apex seals in the engine, so it naturally burns oil, especially the harder you drive. Most owners keep a quart of oil in the car at all times and check the oil twice a month.

8. Hitting the track? Toss in a little premix -- If you going to drive the car especially hard for extended periods of time, it is wise to add 4/6oz of two stroke oil to the fuel for extra seal lubrication. Its not required, but it's a good safety measure to protect the engine

9. ONLY USE 91 OCTANE FUEL OR HIGHER!

10. If you read everything above and follow it, your new to you RX8 with have a long healthy life, the biggest problem with these cars is the owners not knowing how to care for them

Old 03-29-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good advice to the next owner but due to the design of these engines no matter what you do they do not last more than 100 thousand miles. I am a Mazda technician at the dealer and I have customers that are fanatics about there rx8 and take every single precaution and there engines still do not make it much past 100k. If you do not take care of them they can drop compression in as little as 35 thousand miles. When looking at a rotary car if it does not start right up and has a extended crank time before starting run away it has already started to loose compression