Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Bike Wrap

Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 AM
How fast officer?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Wrap

I'm going to wrap my bike as a product demo (and just because I can) and I could use some ideas for colors/design. I'll be printing the design in photo-quality on 3m vinyl, so anything's a possibility.

It will look similar to BIKESKINZ | Performance Cycle Wraps, Sportbike Decals, Graphics but much better.

So... Lemmie hear your ideas.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Can you do a wrap with a really heavy metallic that looks so good it looks like it has depth to it? You know, like the really high end metallic paintjobs?

I noticed nobody does this, but there are a lot of people who want an actual nice paintjob rather than some obnoxious graphics, but don't want to pay 2,000 dollars to get their bike painted.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Haul'n the Family

Do a tamparacing.com one
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM

The way I see it, you have several options. You could do:

- A racing inspired graphic
- A sponsor or an advertisement (hopefully for TR)
- A graphic of something else in your life that you enjoy (cars, women, drugs, etc.)
- A random design of colors and shapes
- A hybrid of any of the above

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of racing graphic with some TRBT tied into it like fastforward said.

Whichever you'd like, I would like to come up with the design for you if you decide to go through with it. I can do a decent amount in Photoshop, and I can try to give you a quick sketch of whatever you'd like.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

I wanted to get my bike wrapped due to scratches and such, but not for the price everyone asks for it.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:54 AM
1140cc's of power

Racing graphics i.e Redbull,Monster,Rockstar,Repsol, blah blah would sell very well.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:56 AM
1140cc's of power

BTW I'd buy one if it didn't have the bikeskinz thing at the bottom,i atleast wanna act like its a paintjob.lol
Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM
How fast officer?

I've been looking online and really like this rc51. WWII bomber style with a Gatling gun... complete with firing flames and shell casings flying? The replica style and TR ideas are good, but I think I want something unique. I was even thinking about an edgy design with an argyle or plaid pattern inlay.

Originally Posted by BAMF
Can you do a wrap with a really heavy metallic that looks so good it looks like it has depth to it?
I dunno how well it would look printed. It's about $1400 for the wrap i'm doing (retail, 1-off custom), so it would be cheaper to paint it. I think 3m and others make material that looks just like metalflake... prob about $1.50/sqft.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered Abuser

I wrapped mine in 100% real carbon fiber. Along with the other numerous mods I've done recently I should finally be riding her tommorrow!

YouTube - bbqb4racin's Channel
Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Haul'n the Family

That WWII motiff is cool, but that P-40 Flying Tiger mouth on a Japanese bike is kinda dumb. The Tiger shark mouth was mostly used on American planes that fought the Japanese. (though the Flying Tigers were mostly American's that flew for the Chinese AF against Japan)

It's like putting big American flags and logos on a VW or Audi. If it were a Buell it'd be cool to do the American WWII plane look...Or WWII British aircraft accents on a Triumph would be neat. But not American iconic insignias on a Japanese bike, just my two cents.

Last edited by fastforward; 10-19-2009 at 09:23 AM.