Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

T.e.a.r.t.s

Old 04-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Resident Dingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true.. and that's a damn shame.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 PM

The Confederate flag stood for something completly different, than what the bigots are now proclaiming it to be meaning. We used to read about the flag in our history books. We used to be taught what the stars and bars stood for. Now people are trying to erase the real meaning of it. Take it off state flags, rip it right out of the history books.... And yes it is a DAMN SHAME!!

Shit.... I just realized i went way the hell off topic on that one....... Just my 0.02
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by TURACE24
The Confederate flag stood for something completly different, than what the bigots are now proclaiming it to be meaning. We used to read about the flag in our history books. We used to be taught what the stars and bars stood for. Now people are trying to erase the real meaning of it. Take it off state flags, rip it right out of the history books.... And yes it is a DAMN SHAME!!

Shit.... I just realized i went way the hell off topic on that one....... Just my 0.02
Ok at first i thought i was the only one here that felt that way. I am glad there are some people in this world that understand it is heritage not hatetred.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Mofongo Expert!

I'm sorry, but just because the confederate flag in its inception had a different meaning. It does not mean or change the fact that the south during the civil war used it to represent themselves while fighting in support of slavery among other minor things.

But hey... since some of you think a history lesson is in need, let's have a quick recap.

The initial confederate flag was actually changed, because it was thought to look too much like the Federal Government. Who I will kindly remind you did not support slavery.

Thus it was changed to include what the confederate flag most are familiar with, which is actually the South's battle flag during the Civil war.

The fact of the matter here is simple. If you want to sit here and say the confederate flag is heritage as in heritage we should be "proud" of, then IMO you must not see anything wrong either with say something like the swastica which BTW also has a diff meaning & was misrepresented by the Nazis.

The flag no longer represents the South. For that each state has its own flag & the Stars & Stripes to represent us as a whole. Considering the "heritage" behind the Rebel "Battle" Flag, I see no need for the dumb bumper stickers that claim those that see the rebel battle flag for what it is in need of a history lesson...

Give me a fucking break... the war is over. The South lost. And we are much better without their ways. Not for a second do I believe that the ones that still display the rebel flag do it because they are proud of their heritage.

Perhaps I missed the so called "heritage" behind the rebel flag that we should all be proud of... the floors is yours for the educating

Last edited by racerraul; 04-16-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 AM
2WheelsFTW

God Damn Closet Racists And Yer Damn Battle Flag!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:20 AM
How fast officer?

Originally Posted by racerraul
Give me a fucking break... the war is over. Not for a second do I believe that the ones that still display the rebel flag do it because they are proud of their heritage.
+1

It screams "Ignorant racist" to me.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 AM

The south stood for something different, than the north did, ill give you that. But to proclaim the flag to mean nothing but racism is wrong. To erase the flag from everywhere it used to be is wrong. I don't think it's right to bury something that was once apart of this countries heritage. Just as the original U.S. flag which was flown during the revolutionary war is taught, and held in regards, so should the confederate flag. At that time it meant something, and it wasn't hate.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Mofongo Expert!

TURACE24... you are welcome to tell us what it is that it stood for. I didn't say it stood for hate... but rather that the rebel flag, which is actually the confederate "battle" flag, was displayed with pride during the civil war, which was in part the culmination of disagreements between the north & south. One of those being Slavery if not the main issue.

If that assesment of history is wrong... I am ready for a history lesson.

BTW... this is the original flag of Confederate States of America. Which you don't see anyone flying...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Mofongo Expert!

One more thing... I am not fooled by those that claim they wish to fly or display the confederate battle flag because of their proud heritage...

In my exp very little americans know what they should be proud of & where they are from. Most of them are ignorant POS that quickly tell others to go home when the land they walk on wasn't even theirs to begin with... Often... it's those POS that like to display the Confederate Battle flag, because among other things, it stood for something rather ignorant... and we shouldn't forget that either.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
2WheelsFTW

fucking sport biking scumbags always ruining our roads, causing havoc and talking endless amounts of shit on the interwebs!!