Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

GSX-R 1000 Vs. TL1000R

Old 01-12-2004, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tampamax
I think the tq will more than make up for the top end, besides i'm sure a sneaky pete would suffice for the high speed runs. That'll put him up there with the big boys. On another note the sv should have enough low end grunt to pull that front wheel off the ground in second without having to clutch up. That's why one should always test drive before they buy to be sure.

All in all i think that sv650 looks hawt and is a kick to play with from what i hear. Check out the forums for the sv, i'm sure they are out there.
They are a blast to ride. My friend just bought a 2000 with ~3000 miles for $3200 and it is fully race prepped, rear shock, front forks, tires, rearsets, brakelines, steering damper, full titanium exhaust and jet kit, etc. Very sweet bike.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:37 PM

I've seen some SV's that have the lower fairing on the bike and it looks like a full race bike with working head lights. The 2 guys that i've asked said the fairings they bought were very inexpensive.

To get a good feel for the bike you would want to seek out a deticated web site to that bike. So you can find out if there might be something about the bike like or dislike.

good luck
Old 01-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Icy Hot Stuntin

Arrow

I agree SV650 is a good starter.
But if you want higher end power and dont like the half naked look...I say you just go with a 600cc sportbike for your first.

I used to ride a 02 R6, and I now have a 02 R1.
Ive ridding for almost 2 years now, and recently bought my R1. Despite the fact that Ive been riding for over a year, I still have to take it easy on my R1. I would definetly recommend you NOT get a 1000cc bike for your first.

And to be completely honest with you, my 600cc R6 was not that much "slower" than my R1. It's all on the rider...how you ride. My R6 did 11's in the 1/4 mile (on a bad day), and I topped it off at 171 mph....and i could have gone faster if i had more road space.

All in all, you dont need a litre bike for your first bike. Get on a 600 first for atleast a couple of months...then if you really feel you need more power, upgrade. How can you count out a 600cc bike for your first bike if you have never ridden one before?
"Ricey Hot Stuntaz" member #001
www.seductivecycles.com
Old 01-12-2004, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by RicerX
I agree SV650 is a good starter.
But if you want higher end power and dont like the half naked look...I say you just go with a 600cc sportbike for your first.

I used to ride a 02 R6, and I now have a 02 R1.
Ive ridding for almost 2 years now, and recently bought my R1. Despite the fact that Ive been riding for over a year, I still have to take it easy on my R1. I would definetly recommend you NOT get a 1000cc bike for your first.

And to be completely honest with you, my 600cc R6 was not that much "slower" than my R1. It's all on the rider...how you ride. My R6 did 11's in the 1/4 mile (on a bad day), and I topped it off at 171 mph....and i could have gone faster if i had more road space.

All in all, you dont need a litre bike for your first bike. Get on a 600 first for atleast a couple of months...then if you really feel you need more power, upgrade. How can you count out a 600cc bike for your first bike if you have never ridden one before?

Way to go Ricer! We all but had this thing wrapped up, then you try to confuse the sitiation. j/k (i know i purposely misspelled that)

Yes all those points you make are valid, yet its the exact same thing we all have been preaching. And from the sound of things i think everybody he knows has been telling him that too. Maybe that's why he became a little perterbd(sp?) with getting the same shit from everyone. The reason we made the SV suggestion is because, even in his first post, he illuded to the fact that he liked the 2-stroke idea. The bike seems to be a great compromise between his saftey and getting a cool rare bike that you don't see every day.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:03 PM
TraumaInDHead

SV650 is fawkin hawt... I love the looks and it's very inexpensive to own. I wasn't too hot on the naked bike at one time until I saw the sv... I was like... :o then they put the lower fairing.. OMFG.... :o :o :o ..it's fast as well.. its comfy.. its a nice looking bike... cheap... wtf else do you need for a starter????? personally I'd take a sv over an R6.... especially for everyday driver.. seriously... i was looking at a katana for my first bike... I really didn't like the looks but it ran.. well.. I wish I coulda seen tha SV....
Old 01-12-2004, 04:05 PM
TraumaInDHead

ended up gettin the gixxer 600 and awed in amazement.. still kinda in awe.. just a bigger awe with the busa... :o
Old 01-12-2004, 04:35 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawe ain't that sweet, he, he.