Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

02/24 desoto

Old 02-24-2001, 02:08 PM
red ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing all that spectacular...a few 9.X cars and a few rail cars..I ran a 13.8 not to bad concidering the heat...I did get my best 60 ever with a 1.84 with only a slight improvement over my 1.86 so no big deal really. A bunch of the dsmguys were there and We even ran in to Flounderbry and neal(of kult infamy) they put up some pretty decent numbers once again concidering the heat. The only thing that sucked was the way they ran the track let all the bikes go all the dragonly cars then let 3 or 4 street cars go! What is the deal with that? I must say the condition of the track is way better!! re[aved the return road the time towers worked and the bathrooms were clean!

eric
Old 02-24-2001, 03:51 PM
Just A 2Valve

Yeah I had a couple of problems down there but I thought it was just me. Youre right about the way they ran the track. Nothing like icing down and cooling off your car only to pull up and wait 20 minutes until they let a couple of street cars go.
So who was who down there? I only talked to a couple of people. Which one of you guys was Flounder Bry etc.? That one little blue car I raced ran pretty strong.
All in all kind of a shitty day for racing. Maybe the nitrous cars run OK in that heat but my car hates it. I was 3-4 tenths off of where my car should have been because of the heat and that 20mph headwind.
Hope to get an Email from the guy with the footage of me racing that little blue car.

------------------
99 Vorteched Mustang GT
Old 02-24-2001, 05:35 PM

Eheh you and bry were going at it all day. Mine was the piss slow one that I didnt bother running more than twice.
Old 02-25-2001, 08:38 AM

Yes I must say that I am impressed with Bradenton Motorsports Parks new ownership. In a c-hair less than a month they have:

Revamped the concession stand - edible food imagine that!

Completely revamped the bathrooms - nice blue tile new paint and no more rotten egg smell

Repaved the return road - a most impressive thing to see. No more bent rims on the ride back to the pits its smooth as glass.

Repainted every building out there.

Reworked the burnout staging and first 1000 feet. The track now hooks with authority.

Hired new employees. These people are friendlier more professional and actually do their jobs.

They also fire up the tractor at least once or twice a night to clean up the staging areas.

Overall Id say Im impressed. As I had said a long time ago it didnt take too much work or money to vastly improve the place. I cannot wait til I have a car to race again.
Old 02-25-2001, 11:42 AM

Lets hear some numbers from NealFlounder and 99GT unless its a secret of course. Im interested to see what kinda times youre getting...........Al

<FONT COLOR=#a8a8a8 SIZE=1 FACE=Verdana Arial>This message has been edited by Als SS on 02-25-2001 at 07:34 PM</font>
Old 02-25-2001, 02:13 PM

well emo its has always been that way as long as i have been going out there....they give those guys the first choice to run over everyone and yes it does suck. thats why i am working on getting our street race night back out there so we wont have to wait for them only street cars allowed!!

------------------
Somebody Set Up Us The Bomb.
Old 02-25-2001, 03:53 PM
Just A 2Valve

Whats up Al? Im the guy in the black 99 Mustang. I met you up at Gandy Friday night. My car ran kinda piggish Saturday best of 12.73 at 110.64. Kinda slow but my 18 mile times were a couple of tenths slower than I went Wed. night. I guess it was the heat coupled with a bad headwind Saturday.I think it should have gone 12.50s or better. Maybe next time.
I think the import guys were kinda gunning for me there at the end.

------------------
99 Vorteched Mustang GT
Old 02-25-2001, 06:30 PM

What up. Good times even with the heat. Too bad you didnt get to Desoto in the cold high pressure days a few months back. Probably would have cut .4-.5 off that ET. As Ive seen this winter blowers love the cold.....Al

What about Flounder & Neal? If its secret thats Ok. I know you guys love to surprise us V8s.