Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SA2000 closed face helmet & Shoes

Old 10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SA2000 closed face helmet & Shoes

I just need to get a helmet and shoes (size XL and 13wide) from somewhere, just wanted to see if the TR guys had any ideas. I was looking towards saferacer.com as they have good prices on g-force gear.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:27 PM

Check out www.racerwholesale.com. The have real good prices, and great deals on closeouts.

Don't forget about ebay. I bought a new HJC AC10 2 years ago for $110, list price $220.

If you don't plan to go road racing you would do just as well buying a M2000 helmet instead of the SA. They are the same except the interior fabric is nylon instead of fire resistant nomex.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:52 PM
THE HAMMER

Eventually I will prob do HPDE's or SOLO 1 so I figure the SA2000 is a good buy
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
bucket

I bought my helmet from discoveryparts.com, same prices as the other places mentioned here, free shipping and a free helmet bag with helmet orders (nylon, fleece lined zippered bag, not the token "helmet bag" included by G-Force), and they're an awesome place to deal with. I had some difficulty with my order and ended up with the wrong size helmet, I had another helmet on my doorstep the next day at no charge. They're also a vendor at a lot of events, especially the ALMS races, so they aren't completely unknown figures behind a website.