Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

autocrossed a b13 ser?

Old 09-11-2004, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by w0rd
I think this is a b13.
I can't see it being any more fun than a modified Civic though.
Thanks for the visual, bro. I agree, it's just another generic FWD car.

Having been down the "try to make a FWD car handle like a sports car" road myself, I concluded that it makes more sense to start with a better platform. mikecivichb, since you're shopping for a different car anyway, have you considered looking at something that is better balanced and designed from the ground up to be driven rather than to haul groceries? Obviously, a Miata is high on my list, but there are other cars that would fit the bill. Other Japanese sports cars, BMW's, etc.

Just a thought.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:32 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

yea I have I wanted something around 5k being it will be an Autocross car. I have Autocrossed in the past and fell in love. I liked the Sentra SE-R because of it has a nice background of performance parts that's available. I thought about a Miata but it just doesn't do it for me you know. I thought about a older BMW like a 325 but any aftermarket upgrades will be hard on the wallet being European and being BMW. what else would you suggest? thanks. Oh yea this car also has to be my daily driver. Also sorry about the mix up in the beginning, Thanks Again.
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 09-11-2004, 08:35 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally posted by Loren
There's a pointless post that I should delete.
care for me to point out all your pointless posts?

mike, look into an early 90's mr2
Old 09-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Northeast = No Autox

you want the best car for both worlds. get an 89 civic si. reliable as hell, and fast as "explative." the civic si when setup is incredible. it will own miata's, 325's, sentra's etc. Our local superhero Jesse went to a prosolo driving an SI and took out STX with a wimpy little 106hp vs. 300+ WRX's. the si is a fantastic choice for a daily driver + autox car. tons of parts, cheap to keep up, and hell they can be pretty cool looking as well. don't think of them as a grocery getter, thats just crazy talk. honda builds some of the most advanced suspensions in the industry and there motors are well, pretty much the best. manual tranny's are great as well. obviously i am honda biased, but go to www.scca.org and look at the registration list for STS and you tell me who's crazy. SI is money.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Northeast = No Autox

props to an early 90's mr2, equal or better than miata cause its engine actually makes torque and way cool looking. targa top and mid engine. look for non-turbos, lighter and a more drivealble engine.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

I have a 89 civic hatch wright now I loved to autocross it. Just want something newer. Tired of it.
"What shitty poorly fitted aero did you ziptie on today, after installing shitty knockoff parts that dont fit worth a damn, followed up by poorly fitted cheap heavy wheels with the wrong offset so they rub but you play it off as looking cool, and then post pics here today"
Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by mikecivichb
yea I have I wanted something around 5k being it will be an Autocross car. I have Autocrossed in the past and fell in love. I liked the Sentra SE-R because of it has a nice background of performance parts that's available. I thought about a Miata but it just doesn't do it for me you know. I thought about a older BMW like a 325 but any aftermarket upgrades will be hard on the wallet being European and being BMW. what else would you suggest? thanks. Oh yea this car also has to be my daily driver. Also sorry about the mix up in the beginning, Thanks Again.
Help us out a little. What are your requirements? Are you tall and need a lot of headroom? Legroom? Do you require a back seat? 4 doors? Trunk space? A hatch to carry big stuff?

Info like that will help us make suggestions that might fit your needs better.

You really can have huge fun autocrossing just about any car. Even a poor handling car presents you with it's own unique set of challenges!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Northeast = No Autox

see about mazda protoge's. not sure what they cost for late 90's but wow are they fun to drive. really good driver from the jax region drove a 99 for a few years nationally and really liked it. its a great car stock and i can only imagine what they are like with a little work.

sorry about the si, i just really like those cars. didn't know you already had one, so i guess you already knew
Old 09-11-2004, 08:57 PM
MaDe Of MoNeY

5'9" dont care about space or trunk room or anything as long as I can get in it and sit and drive.