Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FYI, GCAC event postponed!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI, GCAC event postponed!

Just got an email from Dave Hutter, postponed to the following weekend due to Frances!

I might have to cancel my trip to Topeka now. I was planning to use that event for tuning the car and getting some needed practice!

Any other events coming up this weekend or next weekend on the way up there?

Jamal
Old 09-01-2004, 07:28 AM
OUCH!!!

go to Topeka anyway. I'm sure experience on the surface there would be invaluable next year.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:38 AM

I just logged on to post about that event postponement. You beat me to it!

For practice, if you can be or will be in KS the weekend before the Solo Nationals competition, look around for practice events. There should be several to choose from. Everything from the Pro Solo finals to Kansas Region's typical practice event ON Forbes Field, to a possible Salina Region event on good concrete, or even a Wichita Region event (though it wouldn't likely be on concrete) all within 90 minutes of Topeka. Plenty of opportunity if you look for it.

I can hook you up with some locals if you need help. I know lots of Wichita Region people.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:52 AM

I don't want to go just for the expererience, I want a trophy!

Thanks Loren, warm-ups at Forbes for both days is full! I waited too long cuz I wasn't sure I was gonna make it this year.

There was supposed to be another event the same weekend hosted by the Southern Indiana Region but might be cancelled, not enough entries!

If you know of any other events please let me know! I might just go to GCAC next Saturday then drive straight to Topeka that same day! As long as I get there sometime Monday to get a chance to walk the course and register.

Jamal
Old 09-01-2004, 09:13 AM

I don't have your email address here at work, send it to me and I'll copy you on my email to the Wichita locals.

My advice: Don't rush Nationals. Get there Sunday. Give yourself time to get rest, time to walk the course, time to relax and meet people and WATCH. It's hardly worth the trip if you can't take the time to really take it all in.

My basis for that was my own experience with Nats. Living in Wichita, I figured I was obligated to go at least once, which I did (1999, first year STS was run at Nats). I didn't have a lot of vacation time available, so I just took the 2 days that my class was running. I was rushed, was either walking the course, working the course or running most of the time that I was there. I really didn't feel that I got much out of being there. Certainly not as much as I would have if I'd taken at least one additional day.

If at all possible, spend the whole week there.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:46 AM

My plan was to leave here Friday, Saturday morning the latest and get there Sunday night, rest and take my time Monday registering, walking and BSing! Ain't gonna happen!

I've done a lot of work to the car since my last event in June and I don't want to go up there not knowing how the car will do and no time to set up the suspension and tire pressures!

I'm not giving up yet, there's still hope!

my email address

Jamal
Old 09-04-2004, 07:08 PM
SR20 power!

are u guys coming out to GCAC next week?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by XcessBoost
are u guys coming out to GCAC next week?
September event has been cancelled, see other thread for details.