Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders Autox - 8/22 - wrap up

Old 08-24-2004, 06:09 AM
rocktastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother is Chris. He was driving a black (debadged, i think) 99 Si at the last event, and he had a silver 03 Si before that.

I'm still around, just been a little short on funds and had conflicts the last, like, 4 months. For every event. Been watching the boards, but not able to do much else. Things are about to change for the better financially, though, so i'm probably going to get some 205-50 15" Azenis and start running way more often. That's the plan, at least.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:28 AM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by Loren
I'll check the Mustang.

EDIT: Checked. His form says "street". And Brian finished ahead of him on Azenis... so it's possible. Good thing it doesn't really matter, huh?
I know it doesn't matter, but he did have victoracers mounted. I checked the car after he ran. I just couldn't believe the mustang was that fast on street tires without squeeling the tires, and I was right.

cheater, cheater, cheater!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Muddy
I know it doesn't matter, but he did have victoracers mounted. I checked the car after he ran. I just couldn't believe the mustang was that fast on street tires without squeeling the tires, and I was right.

cheater, cheater, cheater!!!!
Since you actually verified what they were and I trust you, I'll take it as a reg form error and correct it. He did write "Kumho" in for tires, but he checked "street".

I'll fix it tonight. Maybe more corrections will come up before then. (I hate it when I make a correction and then 20 minutes later have to make another one!)

Maybe I can correct a few seconds off of my times?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:23 AM
plain old member

Well then, I might have been fastest on streets last month too. Not that I really care though. I think I could have had the overall FTD with one more run. I too never got that last left hander right.
Fun event. I hadn't run that course before 'cause of the Tour. It was a good couse. Good turn out too. There are times when I think I learn more at an SR event than at a GCAC event. I think that bodes well for the club.
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
The Fat Cobra

Since you actually verified what they were and I trust you, I'll take it as a reg form error and correct it. He did write "Kumho" in for tires, but he checked "street".

I'll fix it tonight. Maybe more corrections will come up before then. (I hate it when I make a correction and then 20 minutes later have to make another one!)

Maybe I can correct a few seconds off of my times?
Maybe he uses them as street tires? No big deal, but I was shocked when I heard Brian announce that the mustang was on street tires!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Rockin the Wagon

ya that mustang was very very fast. Not something you expect from a 5.0 at autox. Though when I heard him drive by and all the gravel he was picking up, I pretty much figured he was on race rubber. Then I heard he was on street tires, I didn't believe it.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:55 AM
plain old member

I thought he was on Streets. Glad I did - I'd have probabley been slower if I'd known...
www.C21Beggins.com - Buy, Sell, Invest!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by oilleak
I thought he was on Streets. Glad I did - I'd have probabley been slower if I'd known...
I need to start watching other people's times closer. All I really was aiming for was improving on my best time of 39.2. If I'd been paying attention, I might have realized that low 38's were within my grasp if I'd just REACH for them.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:10 PM
The Fat Cobra

I need to start watching other people's times closer. All I really was aiming for was improving on my best time of 39.2. If I'd been paying attention, I might have realized that low 38's were within my grasp if I'd just REACH for them.
I swear you told me you were running 38s during our heat. LIAR! I felt I was pushing the limits of my abilities (I think my spins proved that), but I did drop a half second on my last run.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 PM
F K D

I could've taken street FTD if it wasn't for that 13 pack Saturday night! Oh tires too...better to pass out at 8 then get a DUI on the way I guess.
Good to see Jorge did well in the black M3. He needs to drive hard more often. No cones and no O/C's tells me he wasn't pushing hard enough, though.

Damn, cheating @ Sunriders....That's gotta' be the lowest. Think I'll run HS this weekend and see if I get protested.