Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SunRiders Primus Track Events

Old 07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Haul'n the Family

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...I'm obviously out of the loop, in a nut shell, what happened to Primus? Insurance problems? Why do the locals have issues with autocross events there? Noise? Its a test and tune facility for god sakes...race carts and formuka Fords practice there, right?...noise is going to happen. I don't understand?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:13 AM

I don't have a lot of answers. All I know is that I got a nasty email from some chick with Manatee County. Why she emailed me in the first place I don't quite understand, but she got my email address from the notice we posted on the gate at the track when the June event got nixed. Apparently some resident took a picture of it and mailed it to her.

Anyway, she explained that Primus does not yet have a Certificate of Occupancy, and nothing can happen out there until they do. Further, she said that Primus was approved as a manufacturer's test facility and ONLY vehicles that were built there are permitted to run the track. She specifically stated that open track events, drivers schools, races any anything of the sort have NOT been approved and that approval for such would require a hearing that likely wouldn't even be scheduled before February.

I realize that she was talking a lot of crap, apparently trying to intimidate me or something. But I know that dealing with governmental politics is a very slow process. So, we're assuming the track won't be available for many months.

In a nutshell, that's all I know. The track owner hasn't told us squat, but he's still not returned any of our phone calls asking about rescheduling the June date... which speaks volumes, I guess.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Northeast = No Autox

stupid tree huggers
Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 PM
rocktastic

i'll bet that lady would feel much more relaxed if someone removed the telephone poll from her ass.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:51 AM
OUCH!!!

Well then, I think we need to have a Kit car event at primus with all the nastiest loudest non-emissions compliant exhausts (or lack there of) you can find.

Originally posted by Loren
I don't have a lot of answers. All I know is that I got a nasty email from some chick with Manatee County. Why she emailed me in the first place I don't quite understand, but she got my email address from the notice we posted on the gate at the track when the June event got nixed. Apparently some resident took a picture of it and mailed it to her.

Anyway, she explained that Primus does not yet have a Certificate of Occupancy, and nothing can happen out there until they do. Further, she said that Primus was approved as a manufacturer's test facility and ONLY vehicles that were built there are permitted to run the track. She specifically stated that open track events, drivers schools, races any anything of the sort have NOT been approved and that approval for such would require a hearing that likely wouldn't even be scheduled before February.

I realize that she was talking a lot of crap, apparently trying to intimidate me or something. But I know that dealing with governmental politics is a very slow process. So, we're assuming the track won't be available for many months.

In a nutshell, that's all I know. The track owner hasn't told us squat, but he's still not returned any of our phone calls asking about rescheduling the June date... which speaks volumes, I guess.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:05 PM

I was thinking of just having a rally, maybe ending at a park nearby there where we drive past them and make lots of noise with signs saying "wouldn't it be nice if we were at the track instead of your front yard?"
Old 07-09-2004, 01:06 PM
OUCH!!!

do you know this lady's name? maybe we can find out where she lives so we can make sure she's inconvenienced by our weekend drive.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
who stole my intercooler?

maybe it's just a bad time of the month for her & she'll calm down in a couple days
Old 07-10-2004, 12:02 PM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by Loren
I was thinking of just having a rally, maybe ending at a park nearby there where we drive past them and make lots of noise with signs saying "wouldn't it be nice if we were at the track instead of your front yard?"
You could post up her email address. Then we can sign her up for lots of spam.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:58 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

pix of the site or ban l;ol