Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

S.E. Regional #2 in Gainesville - THIS WEEKEND.

Old 06-17-2004, 07:07 PM
F K D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.E. Regional #2 in Gainesville - THIS WEEKEND.

Entries are a little light. Come have fun. It's nothing more than a big two day local.

http://www.sedivsolo2.com/gainesvill...villeFlyer.pdf
Old 06-17-2004, 10:36 PM
The Fat Cobra

Well, I registered for mazda rev it up before I realized that it was the same weekend, so I won't be at the divisional. Anyway, I think I can use the rest, I just got back from Vegas.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:59 AM
cone junkie

Originally posted by Muddy
Well, I registered for mazda rev it up before I realized that it was the same weekend, so I won't be at the divisional. Anyway, I think I can use the rest, I just got back from Vegas.
you never were hardcore enough

Jim and I are doing both

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 06-18-2004, 05:30 AM
Northeast = No Autox

jesse you are the man.

maybe i should make you my new avatar??
Old 06-18-2004, 07:02 AM
The Fat Cobra

Originally posted by PseudoRealityX
you never were hardcore enough

Jim and I are doing both
I guess I am just mildly hardcore.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:41 PM
F K D

Well, it was REALLY hot. It didn't rain (what are the chances @ GIR in the summer?). Saturday had a few timing snafus and a blown engine in the Minehart's Lotus/Toyota 7 left enough oil on course to prolong the 3rd heat by almost an hour. We didn't finish until after 5 Sat. but everything was smooth today and we were done by, I think, 2:30. The courses were both fun and although not very challenging (not bashing PsuedoRealityX - the course simplicity was dictated by the SE Div.) they kept things very close in all of the competitive classes and there were generally 3 or 4 cars out at a time. It was nice to not have to rely on memory and just look ahead a bit and drive.

Several TR/CFR members did really well. Jesse recovered from the momentary lapse of skill in Atlanta and bashed the ES class. Jim finished 3rd but had two O/C's Sun. and probably would've been in 2nd or fighting for 1st with a clean 2nd or 3rd run. Bryce Meredith was smokin' fast for an STS car. I think the highlight was Terry Tabor looping it at the finish (right in the center of the two skidpads) and taking out a zillion cones along with the timing light. His car will need to see a bodyshop and I bet he'll buy a front bar before running again. I was second both days, losing by two to three tenths but somehow ended up with a 0.07 win for the weekend.

I'd say it was a big success, unfortunately some of the big dogs chose to do Toledo instead and there wasn't much regional participation. The driver count was only around 140.

Fun time. Lots of Saturday night drinking. Lots of little half drunk cuties downtown.