Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Welcome your new Moderator

Old 06-03-2004, 09:11 AM
MASTER BREWER:HOT TEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent seen taylor on this site much either, but hey w/e congrats loren.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Thanks. I'll try to rule with a forged aluminum fist. (cuz iron is just too heavy for this forum)
Old 06-03-2004, 09:49 AM
who stole my intercooler?

will i be banned for trolling the sunriders threads
Old 06-03-2004, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by mofugga
will i be banned for trolling the sunriders threads
I'll just ban you for bein' a non-drivin' sumbitch.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
The Fat Cobra

gitterdun, Loren.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:12 AM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally posted by Loren
I'll just ban you for bein' a non-drivin' sumbitch.
don't make me dig up the results where i beat you
Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by mofugga
don't make me dig up the results where i beat you
Dammit, somebody needs to show you how to put up an Avatar or a signature or something for us feeble minded people who can't remember who you really are. (see, mine is easy... "Loren", red Miata...)

Anyway, if you beat me... I'll just get out my big bag of EXCUSES. (don't leave home without 'em!) Then I'll ban you for embarassing me.

Beware, grasshopper, the forged aluminum fist moves swiftly.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Northeast = No Autox

Default grasshopper?

I have seen mofugga all over the place. He is a well traveled grasshopper. Seems to me the grasshopper is the one who doesn't come play with the big boys??
Old 06-03-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: grasshopper?

Originally posted by krekavhts
I have seen mofugga all over the place. He is a well traveled grasshopper. Seems to me the grasshopper is the one who doesn't come play with the big boys??
Looks like someone is taking a little comedy too seriously. You guys are so sensitive!

Allow me to try to read between the lines. Are you referring to my lack of desire to play the SCCA Solo II game in Central Florida? (I hope so, because I just typed a long rant below...)

Eh, whatever. I autocross because I enjoy autocrossing. Driving 2+ hours to get to a 4-run autocross and another 2+ hours to get home detracts from my fun. (not to mention my time) I do it on occasion, but I much prefer events that are local to me. That means SunRiders (30 minute drive), PCA at ZephyrHills (45 minute drive) and CFR events when they have/had them at the Fairgrounds (30 minute drive).

I was "regionally competitive" in the Wichita Region SCCA for several years (95-00) when I lived in Kansas (1st place season trophies in E Stock, and a couple different Street Tire classes) , but it was different there. Our region was physically much smaller than CFR, and all of our regional Solo events were within an hour of my house. The competition was fun, and it was easy to accomodate. I don't think I missed more than two events in over 5 years. CFR is very different, and though I'd enjoy the competition, I'm not willing to accomodate it. Especially when I can get my autox fix right here locally. Being "well-travelled" in the pursuit of autocross trophies just isn't on my agenda at this point in my life.

I also did my share of Divisional Solo competition, and made one trip to the Solo Nationals (11th out of 14 in an underprepared car, with an underprepared driver in 1999... I was one of the first to compete in STS at Nationals). So, while I'm not playing with the "big boys" now, and most of the "big boys" here in this area don't know me, I've been around a little.

The "big boys" just have different goals than I do. And that's fine. I've never been much more than a casual autocrosser. It is my hobby, but (contrary to what my wife thinks) it is not my obsession.

And I don't mind when one of the "big boys" shows up at a local event with a $600 set of autocross tires and "beats" me by a second. It actually makes me feel good to know that I'm still that close on street tires. If I got ripped by a similar car by 2-3 seconds or more, then I might feel like I had some catching up to do.

All of that aside, these SunRiders track events at Primus where you can get 50 minutes or more of track time for $60 without having to drive half-way across the state make a $30 autocross look pretty lame. It's mind-boggling that more people aren't taking advantage of the opportunity.