Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

What's your schedule for June 5th and 6th?

Old 06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Loren
As y'all know, I'm not much involved with CFR, but I'll step up to their defense anyway.

Remember, Neal and Katie moved away recently. They were the driving force behind the Solo II events on this side of the state. This is one of the first, if not THE first event that CFR has done without them, and I'm sure there were a lot of wrinkles.

Three runs kinda sucks... but they WERE three 70-second runs. Equivalent to six 35-second runs. No all THAT bad as far as autocrosses go.

I'm just trying to get a little more optomism going here... don't give up on them just yet. Maybe ask how you can help if you have the time to offer.
yep, the first statement couldn't be more true! neal & katie ran the CFR-West events & neal was there saturday(but not in charge)

cfr-west = good/well run events
cfr-east = crappy events, i haven't heard too many positives about cfr-east events.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by mofugga
yep, the first statement couldn't be more true! neal & katie ran the CFR-West events & neal was there saturday(but not in charge)

cfr-west = good/well run events
cfr-east = crappy events, i haven't heard too many positives about cfr-east events.
Never reply when you're in a hurry. (it was one of those days)

I thought the original post said "cfr-west" ran the event. Not enough attention to detail on my part.

Yes, I *have* heard that the East coast events have less than stellar organization. That's too bad... but it happens.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:49 AM
cone junkie

Originally posted by Loren
As y'all know, I'm not much involved with CFR, but I'll step up to their defense anyway.

Remember, Neal and Katie moved away recently. They were the driving force behind the Solo II events on this side of the state. This is one of the first, if not THE first event that CFR has done without them, and I'm sure there were a lot of wrinkles.

Three runs kinda sucks... but they WERE three 70-second runs. Equivalent to six 35-second runs. No all THAT bad as far as autocrosses go.

I'm just trying to get a little more optomism going here... don't give up on them just yet. Maybe ask how you can help if you have the time to offer.
Neal's still in town. Sorta... the house isn't sold, but he's got a job where he's travelling a lot.

But of note, like has already been cleared up. CFR East ran Sebring, so Neal and Katie weren't officials at the event, even if both were still in town.

I was very happy to be at the DC Pro, even if it did rain, and I got 2nd in class, and 2nd in the Super Challange

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 06-09-2004, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by PseudoRealityX
I was very happy to be at the DC Pro, even if it did rain, and I got 2nd in class, and 2nd in the Super Challange
Congrats! That's an impressive finish. Are you running the series, or just stealing points away from those who are?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:55 AM
cone junkie

I'll be doing 4 ProSolos this year, and then the Finale. 3 in my car, and it looks like possibly one in Neal's up in Michigan.

I've got 32 points so far....2 2nd place finishes.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 06-09-2004, 07:14 AM
who stole my intercooler?

congratulations on that and for beating up on the STX guys in that little civic the previous weekend!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:01 AM
The Fat Cobra

I'll be doing 4 ProSolos this year, and then the Finale. 3 in my car, and it looks like possibly one in Neal's up in Michigan.

I've got 32 points so far....2 2nd place finishes.
Sweet. Have you made any changes to the car this year?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Northeast = No Autox

Clarification Note 2

Brooksville will be run by CFR west. That will be a stellar run event and i would recommend to all who can attend to go. The surface is nice concrete, lots of room, and as always for CFR west events very creative course design. Hopefully people will show up and make Brooksville a good new site.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by krekavhts
Clarification Note 2

Brooksville will be run by CFR west. That will be a stellar run event and i would recommend to all who can attend to go. The surface is nice concrete, lots of room, and as always for CFR west events very creative course design. Hopefully people will show up and make Brooksville a good new site.
When? Get some dates up in the schedule thread.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:02 PM

hey everyone, i have not been on here since i signed up but i race every ft myers event. i am also interested ingoing other places so i hope you all can help me out. oh yeah i hope they all allow trucks because i am the only one that i know that races mine.